Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Weight gained from meds

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 9:09 am
I recently stopped taking Trazadone. I had gained 50 lbs on it, over 4 years of being on it. Now that I’m off of it, will I lose the weight? Did I slow down, and ruin my metabolism forever?! I sure hope not!!

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 9:35 am
Come up with a clear plan. Dint just starve yourself by doing a crash diet.

If you do it right you won't ruin your metabolism.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:23 pm
Thanx, actually I’ve been following a meal plan for awhile .. wondering if my body is permanently not able to lose weight cuz of the years I took trazadone?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:21 am
Bump Does anyone know about this?

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:50 am
Not with Trazadone, but with Depakote, which is notorious for this. I'm lucky I didn't gain nearly as much as other people often do.

Still, I do intermittent fasting, eat like a bird, avoid most carbs, avoid processed foods, and get out and walk as much as I can.

My metabolism hates me. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm 56, and post menopausal women have a really hard time losing weight in general.

My advice is to forget about "weight", and focus on a healthy lifestyle and whole foods. Talk to a nutritionist if you need to. Remove tempting nosh from the house. Get out and move as much as you can. Hopefully you can get your body into a healthier place, and you can be happy with any progress you make, even if your dress size doesn't budge for a year or two.

Hatzlocha! Hug

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 6:39 am
Franticfrummie, thanx. Did you lose weight, dress size by eating healthy and exercise ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise