Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Far rock/5t NORMAL pediatrician
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 4:41 pm
I’ve had it and I need to switch. I’ve always likes my dr but he is nuts about covid. Wants to test my kids when it makes no sense.. is overly overly “machmir” etc.. does anyone have someone that they recommend that uses common sense along with medical knowledge?

mama123

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:04 pm
No advice because I live in a different state, but just wanted to tell you I completely commiserate with you! Same exact problem here too. There are no normal doctors left who think for themselves anymore! 😖

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:09 pm
I’ve just been introduced to Long Island pediatrics. Actually, I went there once on a Friday when one of my kids was sick and they were covering, but that doesn’t count.

They fit alp the following criterion, which are important to me (in no particular order)
- males and females
- Sunday hours
- allow delay vaxxing
- don’t push the covid vaxx
- nice office staff
- take credit card (my current ped doesn’t, and that’s huge for me)

Out of curiosity, who is your current ped? We used Rosenberg/VIPediatrics, and we’ve been searching for a new one. (Only if you want to share)

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:11 pm
I dont know about covid specifically but my FR/5T friends swear by Dr Lightman (not sure if that's how it's spelled)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:14 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I’ve just been introduced to Long Island pediatrics. Actually, I went there once on a Friday when one of my kids was sick and they were covering, but that doesn’t count.

They fit alp the following criterion, which are important to me (in no particular order)
- males and females
- Sunday hours
- allow delay vaxxing
- don’t push the covid vaxx
- nice office staff
- take credit card (my current ped doesn’t, and that’s huge for me)

Out of curiosity, who is your current ped? We used Rosenberg/VIPediatrics, and we’ve been searching for a new one. (Only if you want to share)

Rosenberg was great.. he would have been a good option. Oh well

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:17 pm
Another vote for Long Island Pediatrics.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:24 pm
Dr Mark Sperber is really the best!! His office staff are sort helpful ands friendly. There’s no waiting like at others. He’s level headed ands calm when I’ve had emergencies with my kids

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:28 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Dr Mark Sperber is really the best!! His office staff are sort helpful ands friendly. There’s no waiting like at others. He’s level headed ands calm when I’ve had emergencies with my kids

I use him for my boys, he’s great, but he doesn’t have a female, nor does he plan to take anyone on (I asked a couple of months ago) That’s why my girls were at Rosenberg. We started at Sperber when our oldest was born, and my husband felt that it wasn’t right to just pull everyone, so at the time I only switched my girls. Now that we can’t go to Rosenberg anymore, I want to have everyone in one place. That’s why I’m in the market for a new ped.

Sewsew_mom

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:28 pm

So funny to hear people say their Dr's are the best. It's totally a matter of opinion and an experience. I was by sperber with my second newborn and I switched to a Dr I was trying to get into... Next Dr visit with my new Dr, he was shocked that Noone picked up on a big heart murmur she had.. Best doctors are doctors that are on top of things and advocate for the child. Glad he works for you! (I didn't find him bad at all.. Just showing how Dr's can be good or bad for diff people)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 5:30 pm

Yup.. but not with covid…

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yup.. but not with covid…

What’s his stance????

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:09 pm
amother [ Daylily ] wrote:
Another vote for Long Island Pediatrics.

And another vote.
I use dr steve kellner for well visits and you can’t pick who you get by a sick visit but I’ve been happy with all the doctors I’ve seen.

saltandvinegar

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:11 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I dont know about covid specifically but my FR/5T friends swear by Dr Lightman (not sure if that's how it's spelled)

I just left his practice.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:12 pm
Dr ash. Located in cedarhurst. Never once tested my kids. Very happy there

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:14 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
So funny to hear people say their Dr's are the best. It's totally a matter of opinion and an experience. I was by sperber with my second newborn and I switched to a Dr I was trying to get into... Next Dr visit with my new Dr, he was shocked that Noone picked up on a big heart murmur she had.. Best doctors are doctors that are on top of things and advocate for the child. Glad he works for you! (I didn't find him bad at all.. Just showing how Dr's can be good or bad for diff people)

I had a similar experience with Dr. Sperber sadly. He missed something big with one of my kids, and did not give much guidance or insight with another one of my kids who had a rare condition.

I found Dr. Lightman's office to be pretty reasonable with regard to Covid issues.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:20 pm
amother [ Hydrangea ] wrote:
Dr ash. Located in cedarhurst. Never once tested my kids. Very happy there

I believe he’s not taking new patients, but I could be wrong…
Also he doesn’t have a female with him, which I need.

Last edited by Ema of 5 on Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:23 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
What’s his stance????

Very very covid cautious. I find it unreasonable

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Very very covid cautious. I find it unreasonable

Would you be ok messaging me? I have some questions, but I feel bad writing them here.

Sewsew_mom

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:30 pm
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
I had a similar experience with Dr. Sperber sadly. He missed something big with one of my kids, and did not give much guidance or insight with another one of my kids who had a rare condition.

I found Dr. Lightman's office to be pretty reasonable with regard to Covid issues.

If you can get to see Dr lightman he's a phenomenal Dr. But usually you won't get him... I actually came in from out of state to Dr lightman because I didn't think the Dr's here were competent (I still don't think they are) and I trust him with my life. But his practice is huge at this point and you won't get Dr lightman ever unless you beg.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 7:12 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
If you can get to see Dr lightman he's a phenomenal Dr. But usually you won't get him... I actually came in from out of state to Dr lightman because I didn't think the Dr's here were competent (I still don't think they are) and I trust him with my life. But his practice is huge at this point and you won't get Dr lightman ever unless you beg.

So who do u recommend?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries