Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Reading between the lines- vaccine advice

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:20 pm
4 doctors have basically told me not to vaccinate. Some more explicit than others.

Like this post if you also got an answer from a normal, mainstream doc to not vaccinate (not some random guy on social media) and share below please.
Thanks!

Eta these doctors are generally very provax

Last edited by Sunny Days on Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Junglegreen

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:23 pm
My doctor said there is not enough information and we really don't know if there will be long term effects. He said he doesn't agree with doctors saying it is safe and you won't have long term effects because how do they know that for sure. He is a very experienced "normal" doctor. I trust what he says and have no reason to believe he isn't being truthful.

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:33 pm
I asked 2 doctors in my community. Both are pro vax. Both said, they do not recommend it for covid recovered patients as they don't see a medical benefit however if I insist because I may lose my job they will give it to me.

Zehava

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:45 pm
Same. I was told they’re not seeing many hospitalizations and there are treatments available if needed.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:47 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
4 doctors have basically told me not to vaccinate. Some more explicit than others.

Like this post if you also got an answer from a normal, mainstream doc to not vaccinate (not some random guy on social media) and share below please.
Thanks!

Lol my OB was gave me detailed info on the flu vax, and for the covid he just threw in that I can get it if I want Dont blame the guy, and happy wer eon the same page
The nurse at the office showed me the label before injecting, she said everyones asking to see ti to make sure Im not giving the covid vax LOL

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:55 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Lol my OB was gave me detailed info on the flu vax, and for the covid he just threw in that I can get it if I want Dont blame the guy, and happy wer eon the same page
The nurse at the office showed me the label before injecting, she said everyones asking to see ti to make sure Im not giving the covid vax LOL

Wish I could find an OB like this. Mine gave me a lecture, even after I told her I have antibodies, then said she's not going to discuss it any further. Banging head

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 1:58 pm
I asked two doctors - both very popular doctors in the community and usually pro vaccine

One was very against it
The other one said he only recommends it to people who never had covid (and even then, he isn't pushing if they don't want it)

I got the shot. I tried to resist at first and lost my job (just about all the jobs in my area of expertise require you to be vaccinated). Without a paycheck I had to cut out my weekly therapy, my cleaning lady (I only have her a few hrs a week but I'm pregnant and the heavy cleaning is really hard for me so I really need it), and anything else that wasn't completely necessary.

I get depressed without structure and I love my job. So I finally decided although I really didn't want to take it, maybe the downsides outweigh the risks....I wasn't heading in a good direction (I was feeling depressed from being home all the time, I needed the cleaning help, and I really wasn't at a good enough place to stop therapy yet) Bh at least my old place was happy to take me back....I'm still not happy/comfortable that I took it, but what was done was done.... hopefully it will be fine....

fleetwood

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 2:19 pm
Sunny Days wrote:

Thanks!

You went to four doctors? Why?

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 3:19 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Because I walked into the “Mall of Doctors” shopping for some advice and hit upon the phone doc, computer doc etc and had a discussion with them all.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 3:21 pm
fleetwood wrote:

I’m not sure why this is a question really, but ok I’ll answer:
Family doctor
OB
Another OB
Pulmonologist

amother
Junglegreen

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 3:26 pm
fleetwood wrote:

People typically get multiple opinions when it comes to Healthcare. Every doctor has different opinions and different approaches. That is part of the reason why the vaccine mandates are so appalling. Healthcare is not one size fits all.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 3:27 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
I’m not sure why this is a question really, but ok I’ll answer:
Family doctor
OB
Another OB
Pulmonologist

Ok. Did you see any doctors that told you to vaxx?

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 3:46 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Ok. Did you see any doctors that told you to vaxx?
1 that was being ridiculous and literally harassing (and I didn’t even ask his advice). Can’t go in to too many details with my sn because I’ve shared this story irl.
Another doctor that suggested I get vaxxed as soon as I have the opportunity (this was back in end of dec 20 or early Jan 21) and then we had another discussion about it in feb. at that point I was actually ready to get vaxxed. I didn’t discuss it with this doctor recently, so don’t know if the advice would still be the same now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics