Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Daycare vs morah

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 6:14 pm
Daycare or pseudo-daycare (not a legal daycare. Not open on off days- close on all days that the girls schools are closed):
Security at building
Nice building
Projects
CHEAPER than the specific Morah I researched

But they hire morahs two months before the school year, and not experienced morahs.

Regular Morah:
No security. Grounds are not as nice. More expensive. Morah has 15 years of experience doing this.

Where would you send?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 7:01 pm
Personally I would send to the regular Morah.
Basically choosing between better care or nicer grounds.. what’s the use of nicer grounds if the kid is not getting the best care he could get? Smile

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 7:10 pm
Keep in mind that morahs usually take many children as they want, while daycares have legal ratios. (If the daycare follows to ratio which I dont know how they'd get away with not)
Obviously some morahs have small groups in their house but I'm sure many have large groups, forget about finding an assistant these days...

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 7:25 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Personally I would send to the regular Morah.
Basically choosing between better care or nicer grounds.. what’s the use of nicer grounds if the kid is not getting the best care he could get? Smile

This is not true. There are amazing morahs in the daycares. What you end up paying for is the no days off. They are always open and a morah can't candle one day because she or her child is sick.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 7:59 pm
Most daycares charge more than private morahs do. But they have much fewer days off, longer hours, and more staff for fewer children. There are also other adults around Incase of emergency

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 8:00 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Keep in mind that morahs usually take many children as they want, while daycares have legal ratios. (If the daycare follows to ratio which I dont know how they'd get away with not)
Obviously some morahs have small groups in their house but I'm sure many have large groups, forget about finding an assistant these days...

No not this daycare. It’s a mini daycare. Not legal.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 8:01 pm
amother [ SandyBrown ] wrote:
Most daycares charge more than private morahs do. But they have much fewer days off, longer hours, and more staff for fewer children. There are also other adults around Incase of emergency

Not this daycare. Same days off (maybe I’m even more!) than the other playgroups, and they charge less than this specific Morah that I am thinking about
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries