Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
If you bought your child a ‘scotch’ coat
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Cherry

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 4:15 am
I really like Appaman. I had previously bought from Amazon, but not the actual website. So I bought 2 coats and it was $221 for both with the 15% off code.

DrMom

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 4:17 am
These seem like crazy prices for a child's coat.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 4:22 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Is it a girls coat? I bought it for my son. Oops.

There is a boys line. If you got any of these, you bought a boys coat
https://scotchbonnetnyc.com/co.....-2021

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 4:34 am
cnc wrote:
The Cozy Coup is the copy…

How is it a copy? They look nothing alike.

Cozy Coop:

https://littleloungers.com/col.....-coop

https://lilyandtoddny.com/coll.....-coop

(Basically one style in a variety of colors)

Scotch Bonnet:

https://scotchbonnetnyc.com/

They're both frum owned brands, btw.

chili-n-cholent

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 4:53 am
Interesting how people here are saying they love the cozy coop and that it’s great quality.
I had one last year and was so unimpressed, the zipper was really junky, it broke right away and kept on getting stuck in the fabric every time we closed the coat.
The fabric did not wash nicely either, it discolored, I’m definitely not buying it again

amother
Clematis

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 5:21 am
I got a cozycoop coat for my son last year.
They only had a size 3 left in the color I wanted. It was $80. Only $15 more than the cheapest (in price. Not necessarily quality) brand around town - by the trusted Bickels of course. Very Happy

I paid that extra just for the style. Loved it. Used it a lot. Washed it a few times. The size 3 looked really good on my 1.5 yo. It's It's short coat and he was chubby so for I up..... the coat still looks brand new mamish like it was never worn. Now he's thin and taller. I wonder if I'll get another 1 or 2 years use out of it.

My girls have handmedown down filled jackets. They have been enjoyed for 5 years. Now they are starting to look used so I'm getting them new this winter.

These coats if the Quality is good it is worth the price. Use it fot 2 years min and it comes out quiet cheap actually.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 5:59 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
How is it a copy? They look nothing alike.

Cozy Coop:

https://littleloungers.com/col.....-coop

https://lilyandtoddny.com/coll.....-coop

(Basically one style in a variety of colors)

Scotch Bonnet:

https://scotchbonnetnyc.com/

They're both frum owned brands, btw.

This. Scotch Bonnet and Cozy Coop are 2 different brands. The coats don't even look similar.

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 6:00 am
chili-n-cholent wrote:
Interesting how people here are saying they love the cozy coop and that it’s great quality.
I had one last year and was so unimpressed, the zipper was really junky, it broke right away and kept on getting stuck in the fabric every time we closed the coat.
The fabric did not wash nicely either, it discolored, I’m definitely not buying it again

I also had good experience with cozy coop. The coats I got last year look like their brand new.
Many times the metallic fabric coats discolor from the sun or wash, even from very expensive brands.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:03 am
chili-n-cholent wrote:

I had the same experience. it got so bad, his teacher put masking tape over the flap to keep it away from the zipper. I dumped the coat.

Zehava

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:06 am
amother [ Cherry ] wrote:
I really like Appaman. I had previously bought from Amazon, but not the actual website. So I bought 2 coats and it was $221 for both with the 15% off code.

Local stores have them at 50% off now. They do seem to be of great quality. I just gave one away and it’s in perfect condition.

Zehava

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:10 am
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
I got a cozycoop coat for my son last year.
They only had a size 3 left in the color I wanted. It was $80. Only $15 more than the cheapest (in price. Not necessarily quality) brand around town - by the trusted Bickels of course. Very Happy

I paid that extra just for the style. Loved it. Used it a lot. Washed it a few times. The size 3 looked really good on my 1.5 yo. It's It's short coat and he was chubby so for I up..... the coat still looks brand new mamish like it was never worn. Now he's thin and taller. I wonder if I'll get another 1 or 2 years use out of it.

My girls have handmedown down filled jackets. They have been enjoyed for 5 years. Now they are starting to look used so I'm getting them new this winter.

These coats if the Quality is good it is worth the price. Use it fot 2 years min and it comes out quiet cheap actually.

I dunno. I can’t seem to keep coats for more than a season. Even if the quality is great. They’re either outgrown, or if they’re not black they get so stained it’s impossible to get them fully clean.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:12 am
DrMom wrote:
These seem like crazy prices for a child's coat.

No one is encouraging anyone to buy it
Seems like the other posters are finding the provided info helpful

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:16 am
Are you talking about the scotch puffer coats??
Neimans has them for $158

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:17 am
Zehava wrote:
Local stores have them at 50% off now. They do seem to be of great quality. I just gave one away and it’s in perfect condition.

I love Appaman. Which store has them for 50% off?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:20 am
Zehava wrote:

Where are you seeing them for 50% off?

Zehava

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:20 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I love Appaman. Which store has them for 50% off?

Klade, if I remember correctly. But like don’t lynch me if not. I saw them on an outside rack with a sign. And I remember getting them at that price couple years back in November.

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:40 am
I bought for 11 year old for 125 pounds in UK. I love the coat. Its great quality!

Last edited by amother on Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Latte

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:40 am
cnc wrote:
The Cozy Coup is the copy…

It’s the exact same company, they produce an economy option and a higher end one.

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:41 am
Omg my mind is boggled
Forgive my naivety, but all you people who are paying $150-180 for a child's coat, that he/she will outgrow in [insert small number] years, are you for real?
Do you like, pay full tuition? And tzedaka? And tell your parents your ok without their support?
When you read the Jewish publications that tell about the frum world who are being crushed by the weight of cost of living and tuition, do you consider yourself one of us?
I hope you are spending money you have, and not paying $180 for a stupid coat at the expense of other more important things.

Zehava

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:44 am
amother [ Obsidian ] wrote:
Omg my mind is boggled
Forgive my naivety, but all you people who are paying $150-180 for a child's coat, that he/she will outgrow in [insert small number] years, are you for real?
Do you like, pay full tuition? And tzedaka? And tell your parents your ok without their support?
When you read the Jewish publications that tell about the frum world who are being crushed by the weight of cost of living and tuition, do you consider yourself one of us?
I hope you are spending money you have, and not paying $180 for a stupid coat at the expense of other more important things.

We don’t all live in Lakewood, land of skyrocketing tuition, kollel, and parental support. Some of us work for a living and send to schools that don’t request half our salary to teach our kids.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children