Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Boys' peyos

happy chick

Post Sat, Oct 16 2021, 9:11 pm
I do my boys haircuts myself for years already, but the peyos are something that I have yet to master. I give them machine cuts. I keep the peyos slightly longer than past the bone. but its always messy and flying. I know its something that needs to be learnt in person, its hard to explain. but any chance anyone can try their best? how do you taper it so its nice and trim against the face?

Zehava

Post Sat, Oct 16 2021, 9:18 pm
Mousse or gel

amother
Grape

Post Sat, Oct 16 2021, 9:33 pm
You make it damp, take a comb and brush it around your pointer finger, brushing the hair towars the face. Once it's curled you let it down. Some people put gel but it's not necessary when you do it daily.

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, Oct 16 2021, 9:40 pm
What type of payos do your boys have?

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sat, Oct 16 2021, 11:24 pm
You have to run the razor over the hair while it’s pulled sideways through a comb to thin it. I recommend watching it done in person once.

happy chick

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 9:41 am
im sorry, I thought I was clear when I said trim against the side of the face that I meant yeshivish, not chassidish.
amother junglegreen, thank you. that sounds right, but I have no one to learn from irl, which is why im asking here. I guess I have to try it once and see for myself, but im afraid of messing it up. I know its hair and it will regrow, but my husband wont be too happy if I mess it up.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 9:43 am
I have the same question as OP! Can anyone link to a video or a diagram? Or explain in more detail?

Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics