Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Can I Tovel a used plastic popsicle mold?
Previous  1  2

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:29 pm
If it was just used for cold, your rav may not be concerned about tarfus.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:34 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
If it was just used for cold, your rav may not be concerned about tarfus.

But if you are buying it used no way to know if someone in the owner's household randomly used it to stir a bowl of hot soup, or washed it in a dish pan of hot water with other dishes that had traces of treif food still stuck.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:51 pm
Which is why I said one should ask a rav. I have no idea what the answer will be based on various factors.

I do know I got dishes once that were supposed to be new but had some shmutzy residue and I didn't know if it was from sitting out in the store or a repackaged return and based on the circumstances I was told I could just rinse them off and not worry.

I have no idea the outcome here. Personally, I would buy new since they're not that expensive but if the opportunity is there to use these and OP wants to, it's worth an ask.

amother
Azalea

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 9:02 pm
It sounds really gross in general. Used dishes? eew

haveanosh

Post Sat, Oct 16 2021, 10:18 pm
I think that it’s about whether it was heated. if it has gone through a non kosher dishwasher for example the plastic can’t be kashered. If never heated like that, then it can be kashered by submerging it into boiling water. No need to tovel if it’s plastic.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen