Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Recognized yourself in someone’s post
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 10:04 am
Just out of curiosity, did you ever read a post here and was like they’re talking about me?!

I feel like so many people put so much details when talking about others, how do they not get recognized!
Is it common or once in a blue moon

SuperWify

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 10:06 am
lol what did you do???

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 10:49 am
Yes, more than once, and then when someone else responded “if you’re talking about me...” realized that I’m not unique. Also have read posts that I had to check to see if they were mine because they sounded like me to me.

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 10:53 am
Most issues are not that unique and likely happen to many people. If the details were super unique like my friend who only has one tooth and 3 warts on her cheek then that would be a different story.

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:11 am
I once saw a post that seemed like they were talking about my sister. I mentioned it to her and whatever the poster was complaining about, my sister was now aware of it and doesn’t do it anymore. Not sure if it was her, but it was okay for her to stop.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:14 am
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:
Most issues are not that unique and likely happen to many people. If the details were super unique like my friend who only has one tooth and 3 warts on her cheek then that would be a different story.

Sometimes people put so much detail that it's that identifiable.

"My sister is making a bris tomorrow on the same day of her son's wedding. The bris is in Baltimore and the wedding is in L.A. Which one should I go to?"

There can only be one family that this applies to for tomorrow. The problem is when they give that much detail and it's about something private.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 2:59 pm
If the details were super unique like my friend who only has one tooth and 3 warts on her cheek then that would be a different story.

That's me you're talking about! Hi, friend! Salut

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 3:05 pm
Im thinking the carpool thread is op talking about me lol

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 3:11 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:

Ok great! So is it worth your time to just have the OP drive once? LOL

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 4:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just out of curiosity, did you ever read a post here and was like they’re talking about me?!

I feel like so many people put so much details when talking about others, how do they not get recognized!
Is it common or once in a blue moon

Post abt 5towns guy restaurants owner married with lots of kids—with a history of a lot of girlfriends, yeah. It sounds like a few ppl here know but his wife doesn’t.

amother
Leaf

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 4:42 pm
There are scenarios that I’ve thought about posting and did not for exactly this reason.

And now that my son is married there’s a chance, however slim, that my DIL might be on here.

Nope. Just won’t do it.

happyone

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 4:52 pm
Yes. With my name. Hiding Banging head

amother
Valerian

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 4:53 pm
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
Post abt 5towns guy restaurants owner married with lots of kids—with a history of a lot of girlfriends, yeah. It sounds like a few ppl here know but his wife doesn’t.

Is this a real post or you are just giving a random example?

amother
Latte

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 4:55 pm
happyone wrote:
Yes. With my name. Hiding Banging head

Me too, but nothing bad. My business is referred to people on here from time to time.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 5:14 pm

How could you possibly have known it was me? I really have three teeth and one wart but I changed the details for camouflage. And I didn’t say which cheek the wart was on iykwim. So you’re just grasping at straws.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 5:17 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
How could you possibly have known it was me? I really have three teeth and one wart but I changed the details for camouflage. And I didn’t say which cheek the wart was on iykwim. So you’re just grasping at straws.

EXCUSE ME?! I already staked my claim...

amother
Wandflower

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 5:24 pm
Someone described my child and his/her very unique costume in a post-Purim 'cool costumes seen' thread. I was so proud! I shared the post with my entire family.

Anonymous here because I shared this with all my friends too. Did I mention that I was proud?

polka dots

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 5:29 pm
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
Someone described my child and his/her very unique costume in a post-Purim 'cool costumes seen' thread. I was so proud! I shared the post with my entire family.

Anonymous here because I shared this with all my friends too. Did I mention that I was proud?

Now I neeeed to see it!

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 5:54 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:

Lol and I thought it was as me! Do you also live in Toms River!?

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 6:02 pm
Not me but I recognized issues that my mother posted about (anonymously) several times as she doesn’t change details.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics