Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Girls elementary school with an option for GF lunch

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:19 pm
Hi which girls elementary schools have an option for gluten free lunch? Thanks

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:19 pm
I think if your child is gluten free or has allergies, you need to send lunch with your child.
You should send to a school that's the right fit for your child, and not according to what they serve for lunch.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:20 pm
Does such a thing exist??

My DS has celiac I send snack and lunch with him everyday.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:21 pm
I would be surprised if any school offered this. Even if they did it’s impossible to get in schools these days so I would just first find a suitable school and then plan to send lunch

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:28 pm
Thanks to all the advice about finding a suitable school for my child.. I’m obviously aware of that. It’s not something I’m looking for in a school which is why I’m only asking now once I applied to the schools of our choice. My daughter has celiac and it’s definitely a bonus if the school has an option for gluten free. As far as I know, Bnos Devorah and bais Faiga have that option. I’m wondering if anyone here knows other schools... thanks

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:30 pm
There is funding for it and there’s a lady in Lakewood that takes care of the menu, so I’m wondering which other schools offer it.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:36 pm
Maybe try calling the schools and asking them people probably only know if their kid is on a gluten free diet.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:41 pm
The Cheder and Bais faiga offer gf lunch.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 12:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There is funding for it and there’s a lady in Lakewood that takes care of the menu, so I’m wondering which other schools offer it.

So get that lady’s number and ask her which schools she works with

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 9:36 am
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
So get that lady’s number and ask her which schools she works with

I don’t know who the lady is or her contact info. I was hoping there would be people on imamother who’s daughters are gf in Lakewood schools and would be able to tell me which schools offer it.

keym

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 9:44 am
I have allergic children.
My experience is that if a school doesn't offer GF or other allergic allowances, it's just because no other parent has pushed them to do it.
Contact BF or BD, get the woman's number. Then when you've gotten into a school, bring the information to the school. They may need to be pushed to do it, they may need help.
But eventually (after a year or two) it will be taken care of and other children will have it taken care of.
That's how Bais Faiga started with Gluten Free- concerned parents pushed for it.
I remember when schools weren't necessarily peanut free. I remember when schools didn't have a dairy-free option. I remember when schools didn't really allow children to not eat the lunches without a Dr's note.
Parents advocate and push for things.
You can also do it iyh when you get accepted somewhere.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 9:48 am
Tiferes by has a wonderful lady in the kitchen who makes sure that every girl with special dietary needs gets their own food when needed. Allergies, celiac etc... not only for lunch but even when the school gives out donuts or the class makes a special food project.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:02 am
keym wrote:
I have allergic children.
My experience is that if a school doesn't offer GF or other allergic allowances, it's just because no other parent has pushed them to do it.
Contact BF or BD, get the woman's number. Then when you've gotten into a school, bring the information to the school. They may need to be pushed to do it, they may need help.
But eventually (after a year or two) it will be taken care of and other children will have it taken care of.
That's how Bais Faiga started with Gluten Free- concerned parents pushed for it.
I remember when schools weren't necessarily peanut free. I remember when schools didn't have a dairy-free option. I remember when schools didn't really allow children to not eat the lunches without a Dr's note.
Parents advocate and push for things.
You can also do it iyh when you get accepted somewhere.

Thanks so much!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:02 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Tiferes by has a wonderful lady in the kitchen who makes sure that every girl with special dietary needs gets their own food when needed. Allergies, celiac etc... not only for lunch but even when the school gives out donuts or the class makes a special food project.

Wow that’s so nice, thanks!

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:20 am
Bais Faiga literally just started a few weeks ago. It looks like they don't have everyday yet (based on the menu that was sent home) I've been thinking about trying gf with my daughter so I'm hoping they work it

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 12:25 pm
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
Bais Faiga literally just started a few weeks ago. It looks like they don't have everyday yet (based on the menu that was sent home) I've been thinking about trying gf with my daughter so I'm hoping they work it

That’s so interesting. Someone that sends there told me during last school year that they offer gluten free lunch.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries