Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How do you exercise?
Previous  1  2

How do you exercise?
Scheduled class at a gym or dance studio  
 14%  [ 19 ]
Drop in to a gym (exercise equipment outside your residence)  
 3%  [ 4 ]
Walking/jogging outdoors  
 36%  [ 47 ]
Exercise equipment in my house (treadmill, elliptical, etc.)  
 17%  [ 22 ]
Exercise in my house, watching an exercise video  
 21%  [ 27 ]
Exercise at home, on my own (ex. self-made routine of stretches, crunches, etc.)  
 7%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 128

amother
Lightpink

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 5:50 pm
to answer when-
I'm a SAHM and this year I sent my youngest to half day preschool so that's when I do it. I've also done it during nap when that was possible. I've tried night but don't really like working out at night.

I like summergirlfitness. her videos are old but she has a lot less adds then the newer videos and I really like her style. I think she ended up going in to counseling or something.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 5:57 pm
Spin bike with the Peleton app. The app has tons of other classes besides for spin that are amazing, and the app is only 12.99 a month.

I work full time. I exercise at night. It helps my mental health and helps me sleep better.

ces

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 6:09 pm
mra01385 wrote:
When do you all ladies find time to do your excercise between working and taking care of family and house?

I'm not a morning person but I got myself used to waking up early and working out at 6:15 am. I take classes 4 days a week and work out with a friend/workout partner twice a week, Shabbos is my day off. I have so much more energy now + the gym is my outlet and social scene!

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 6:18 pm
So I started this summer doing cycling classes which I love but before that I would work out almost entirely at home with YouTube videos. Which is why I decide to start my own frum workout videos if you’re interested Very Happy
Modest movement
Here’s on of my videos

doodlesmom

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 6:43 pm
Personal trainer and classes in my house. (Not now 5 weeks postpartum)

healthymom1

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 7:03 pm
Home with YouTube

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 7:05 pm
Swimming

moomles

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 7:20 pm
Live Zoom Pilates classes and catch up videos

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 7:23 pm
Love love love growingannanas on YouTube.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 9:11 pm
Can anyone advise on how to join zoom classes?

Also I find it so difficult to follow along a YouTube video. How you see the screen while doing crunches let's say?

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 9:59 pm
I've got a treadmill, a rower, and a bike in my home gym.

The trick for me is to get on early in the morning before I get distracted with 100 other things. And to get on no matter what even if I say only 5 minutes today because the reality is that once I'm on and going I'm not going to quit after 5 minutes. It's just the getting started that's hard. Once I'm going, I'm into it.

essie14

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 8:36 am
I take 1 studio class a week
I walk outside 4-5 times a week
Zoom yoga or YouTube yoga once a week

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 8:58 am
I love group exercise classes and did them a lot before I had kids, but they don't fit into my life right now. I am also recovering from a recent knee surgery, so my current exercise looks different than usual.

We have a treadmill at home, which I use regularly. My surgeon hasn't cleared me to run yet, so I walk. To make it a harder workout, I use the incline. If I only have 10 minutes or less, I will start my walk at 8% incline and go up to 12 or 13% towards the end. If I have time for a longer walk, I will start at a 3-5% incline, turn up to 8% with about 10 minutes left, and then turn up to 12-13% for the last few minutes. Because I WFH and the treadmill is in my bedroom, I can jump on whenever I have a few free minutes.

I also go to physical therapy three times a week and have about 20 minutes of physical therapy homework daily. The focus of the PT is building strength, balance, and control in my lower body.

mra01385

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 9:26 am
To forsythia, how do you find time for all this excercise and do pt 3x a week? Do you also work at a job?

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 9:28 am
mra01385 wrote:
To forsythia, how do you find time for all this excercise and do pt 3x a week? Do you also work at a job?

I work over 50 hours most weeks. But from home, so no commute. I go to PT at lunchtime. Also, I can sometimes get some exercise in during a work meeting. Squats, lunges, leg lifts, stuff like that.

mra01385

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 9:56 am
When do you have time to go on treadmill every day? I work part time in the afternoon and hard for me to find time to go on treadmill.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise