Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Info on a wedding hall manager job

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 10:46 pm
I think managing a wedding hall is something dh would enjoy, but I don't know enough about such a job to know for sure (he loves directing/overseeing things, making sure things run well, talking to people and etc....at the same time he does not have good computer skills so needs something that at most would only require extremely basic computer skills). Does this sound like something he'd be good at?
Also
- what exactly would such a job require?
- what rage of salary is typical for the job?
- is this something that married men usually do (or is more the type of job bochurim do?
- where would he look for such a job (looking Brooklyn NY) I haven't seen anything like it posted....

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 12:30 am
I know a few of the Lakewood wedding hall managers and they're all married men. I can't answer any of your other questions.

Please realize that these men are never home in the evenings. They get to work late morning or early afternoon and stay till the weddings are over. Make sure you're ok with that before you advocate for such a job.

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 12:32 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I know a few of the Lakewood wedding hall managers and they're all married men. I can't answer any of your other questions.

Please realize that these men are never home in the evenings. They get to work late morning or early afternoon and stay till the weddings are over. Make sure you're ok with that before you advocate for such a job.

A man I know in lkwd typically stays until first dance begins and then leaves. So it’s not an all nighter job

He does have another job so not sure the salary can support a family.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 12:42 am
Usually manager leaves once the dancing is over. If there's mitzvah tanz, the musician locks the hall. It's definitely a late night job, till at least 12.
No, it's not a job for bochurim, it is an all encompassing job. I know 2 wedding managers in Brooklyn.
Sorry I don't know about salary or where you can find info on such a type of job, maybe you know a musician, florist, caterer, party planner, photographer etc who does weddings. They usually have a connection with the manager and maybe you can find out more info this way.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:19 am
Thanks everyone for the info. Anyone know around what the salary is? Any other ideas of how to look for such a job?

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:35 am
I know some single guys that are hall managers. It's difficult for a married man because busy season, they're out from noon till midnight every day. The wife needs to be ready for this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries