Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Jewish boutiques and returns

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 10:45 pm
A small Jewish boutique rejected my return because the item was wrinkled- it was a lured romper and they shipped it in a small mailer. Granted I should/ could have been more careful, but I folded it back in and shipped it back. The product photo on their page is quite wrinkled as well as this items fabric is I guess very wrinkly. I thought stores steam their merchandise?

I am obviously upset but feel I have no recourse. I’m also now nervous to shop online at Jewish stores- they can decide on any whim not to accept a return and I’m just stuck?

(After a back and forth, including staged pictures they sent where they clearly put the item back in crumpled - why would they have taken a picture before taking it out. I let them know and then I disputed the charge- they straight out lied and told the Cc complaint they never accepted the return and marked in return to sender)

I can keep up the fight through Cc but know I should move on, I’m just so upset and disenfranchised- why would they lie? If they thought the wrinkled product was a problem then they should have told the Cc company that and let them decide.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 10:46 pm
And that's why I don't like to shop in Jewish boutiques. The return policies are terrible.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 10:54 pm
https://m.imgur.com/a/UyRMGmO

I just want to know if I’m the one that’s being unreasonable?

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

No you’re not.
Items wrinkle in little bags and in the mail. If everything else was according to their return policy (returned unused same packaging etc) then they should have accepted it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 11:41 pm
HonesttoGod wrote:
No you’re not.
Items wrinkle in little bags and in the mail. If everything else was according to their return policy (returned unused same packaging etc) then they should have accepted it.

But what recourse do I have? There’s no one to talk to…

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 12:05 am
Wow OP I’m shocked.
You’re item just needs some steaming. They are not honest people.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:50 am
Your recourse is disputing the charge on your credit card.

The store allows returns. You returned the item, new with tags. They refuse refund.

If you don't go that route, at the very least demand that they return the item so YOU can sell it.

Here's a dirty little secret. Most stores don't resell returned merchandise, at least according to what I've read. So the fact that its wrinkled may be irrelevant to them, and they just want you to take the loss instead of them.

octopus

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:53 am
Wow. Item was fine.

honeymoon

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:56 am
SixOfWands wrote:

The store allows returns. You returned the item, new with tags. They refuse refund.

If you don't go that route, at the very least demand that they return the item so YOU can sell it.

Here's a dirty little secret. Most stores don't resell returned merchandise, at least according to what I've read. So the fact that its wrinkled may be irrelevant to them, and they just want you to take the loss instead of them.

Correct. If they do resell returned items they will usually charge a restocking fee.

I don't understand why the Jewish stores have horrible return policies and crazy prices and then they whine that we don't shop there.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But what recourse do I have? There’s no one to talk to…

I'm usually against people running to dispute charges on their cc's, especially with small businesses. But in this case, you tried to work it out directly and they are being extremely unreasonable. If the situation were reversed, and you had received the item like this and asked for a refund, they would have told you it's normal for some wrinkling to occur in the package, and to steam/iron it.

You complied with store policy, and should 100% receive the refund.

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:03 am
That’s crazy the item is fine. Can you show the cc company the pictures they sent you? That’s proof they did accept it. How did you communicate with them? Do you have anything in writing? Maybe write an email just to confirm you have my item and are still not refunding me, so you have proof.

sky

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:03 am
That is crazy.

They sent you picks.
They can’t do return to sender once the package is opened by them.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:05 am
SixOfWands wrote:

The frum stores do. Would be too much of a loss for them not to resell. They can't afford to do what huge chain stores do.

amother
Anemone

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:06 am
I'm really frustrated for you. I think you need to speak to your credit card company, and tell them your side of the story.

But that being said, I don't think it's nice to lump all Jewish boutiques into one category because you had a bad experience. I'm sorry for you. I really, really am. And I don't think it's okay. But I would like to believe that most Jewish stores don't lie to the credit card company and refuse your returns.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:07 am
I did dispute the charge but they lied to the Cc company. I just don’t know if it makes sense to spend half hour compiling evidence for another dispute- Cc companies have made it much harder to win disputes.

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:07 am
SixOfWands wrote:

I’ve watched places like Macy’s place returned stuff back on the rack. Amazon maybe doesn’t but they have the open box sales. Most stores do resell especially Jewish boutiques.

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I did dispute the charge but they lied to the Cc company. I just don’t know if it makes sense to spend half hour compiling evidence for another dispute- Cc companies have made it much harder to win disputes.

Depends how much it cost and how upset you are. If it’s a loss you are willing to take just move on and don’t shop there. But if it’s a real loss or you need closure collect evidence and try to fight one more time.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Not unreasonable at all. They can steam it or unwrinkle it any other way they choose. That’s not a reason to not accept a return.

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:13 am
I wish there was a way to sue them. For all of us. I had my upsetting stories myself. You definitely have to be careful with clothing but you should get a warning. They should not mail it so small stating after the fact is unacceptable. Get writen proof from them maybe through email that they received it wrinkled and try submitting that to credit card company. Very dishonest behavior on their part I understand your frustration

essie14

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:17 am
Macy's literally places the item back on the rack in front of you when you return it.
There's no reason that store can't resell that romper, OP.
I'm with you 100%
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics