Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Bassinet for babysitter

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 2:24 pm
I’m looking for a bassinet to send with my baby to the babysitter. Should preferably be easy to fold and store for daily use.
What have you used that worked well?
(I don’t want her sleeping in a doona!)

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 2:25 pm
What about the Fisher Price dome

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 2:28 pm
How old is baby? Bassinets have such a short shelf life. Why not just a a pack n play?

Zehava

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 2:29 pm
Why not a bassinet stroller?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 2:47 pm
Zehava wrote:
Why not a bassinet stroller?

I was thinking of this, but then I would be schlepping it every day as opposed to leaving it there. Maybe I will though.

Oldest

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 2:48 pm
Many pack n plays come with a bassinet attachment so the crib grows with them. That is what I send. I wouldn't send a bassinet only because they grow out of them so fast. If you really want to then send the bassinet attachment with your stroller

Zehava

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 2:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was thinking of this, but then I would be schlepping it every day as opposed to leaving it there. Maybe I will though.

What are you taking the baby in? You’re traveling by car?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 3:06 pm
Zehava wrote:
What are you taking the baby in? You’re traveling by car?

Yes

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 3:09 pm
Oldest wrote:
Many pack n plays come with a bassinet attachment so the crib grows with them. That is what I send. I wouldn't send a bassinet only because they grow out of them so fast. If you really want to then send the bassinet attachment with your stroller

Is it a big deal to take apart the pack n play every day? The babysitting group is not in a large house so it will need to be taken apart and put back together every day.
Regarding the stroller bassinet, I have the Fox and it’s heavy/bulky to take in and out of the car. I wouldn’t want to leave my stroller there long term bec I use it at home too

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 3:09 pm
Get a pack n play with a bassinet top for little babies. You'll need the pack n play for the babysitter for the future anyway. I never let the babysitters put my son to sleep in a stroller/carseat.

Oldest

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 3:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it a big deal to take apart the pack n play every day? The babysitting group is not in a large house so it will need to be taken apart and put back together every day.
Regarding the stroller bassinet, I have the Fox and it’s heavy/bulky to take in and out of the car. I wouldn’t want to leave my stroller there long term bec I use it at home too

The pack n play collapses very easily, so that shouldn't be a problem.

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 3:13 pm
Hauck rocker crib dreamer. Sorry I don't know how to link. It's a bassinet that folds with one hand, similar to how a citymini folds.

amother
Lightgray

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 4:07 pm
look into the joolz aer travel stroller. I think it folds very small with the bassinet on and its very easy in and out of the car.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics