Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
White gown Mother of the bride

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 2:36 pm
Trying to help a friend Having a hard time finding a white mother of the bride gown ,
Size 16
Any help appreciated
Either rent or buy
Thanks

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 2:37 pm
Oy. why is the MOB wearing white?? no no no no....

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 2:38 pm
my mom wore my sisters old wedding gown to my brothers wedding the top the quaters were all beaded with a white satim skirt she put a gold belt around it

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 2:42 pm
Inquiring minds are dying to know:
In what culture is the mother of the bride wearing a white grown--or an actual bridal gown embellished with a belt--considered appropriate?

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 2:43 pm
it was all beaded on top she looked great we are american

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 2:45 pm
Well that's the color what the kallah choose , white is now in , that's the style currently

iyar

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 3:06 pm
I’ve been to weddings where everyone wore white, mothers, sisters, little nieces. I don’t love the look but if it’s what the kallah wants, why not?
I’m grateful I didn’t (yet) end up at a wedding where I was told what I had to wear but if a family kallah ever tells me I have to wear a specific color, I’ll try my best. (I hope it’s not going to be hot pink or acid green.)

amother
Yarrow

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 3:16 pm
The white gowns the family wears are made very differently than a kallah gown. There is usually beading in a different color and its more toned down than the bride. I've been to many weddings with this color scheme and the kallah never blended in to her family(even at a wedding where the kallah had a 19 year old sister).

As an aside my family has a children's rental and white gowns are the most sought after for the last year or so.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries