Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Snoods for x-large heads that don't look like bathing caps??
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:06 pm
Please help me find snoods that don't look like bathing caps on me. The whole new chenile style looks awful on me. I even went to double header and got their "xlarge" size of the chenile snood, but it makes me look awful, makes my face look massive, and really looks like a bathing cap.

anyone have success with this?

Optione

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:09 pm
Did you try Revaz xl? I found that it's very round when I put it on but if I push the sides down then they stay.

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:11 pm
Um I have the exact same issue and I have a small head. It’s not like I can just get a larger size. That looks even worse. Fact is that they are making the snoods really short nowadays hence the bathing cap look. It’s awful. Thinking of switching to these tichel style with the long tails that people are wearing nowadays (do they sell these on Amazon?)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:12 pm
Optione wrote:
Did you try Revaz xl? I found that it's very round when I put it on but if I push the sides down then they stay.

Yes, that's my most recent attempt. Tried pushing down all around but did not work for me at all. I appreciate the suggestion, though!

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:12 pm
Following. I have the same problem.

mindyme

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:19 pm
I have heard that hanging the chenille snoods from a doorknob with a baseball or apple inside (so it weighs it down) for awhile stretches them down so they're not so round - can't hurt to try

theoretical62

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:24 pm
I wear the tichels with the long tails for this exact reason. The other ones never seemed to look normal on me.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please help me find snoods that don't look like bathing caps on me. The whole new chenile style looks awful on me. I even went to double header and got their "xlarge" size of the chenile snood, but it makes me look awful, makes my face look massive, and really looks like a bathing cap.

anyone have success with this?

Can you wear the pretieds instead? Those are more flattering on practically everyone. (yes even people with small heads, although I do understand why people choose chenille snoods for convenience.)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:28 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Can you wear the pretieds instead? Those are more flattering on practically everyone. (yes even people with small heads, although I do understand why people choose chenille snoods for convenience.)

The problem with those is that they are so so so flat on the sides, which is so unflattering for my face. I love my (old) good snood which has some body on the side.

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:38 pm
I just get long snoods. Can't stand the short ones.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:41 pm
If you live in Brooklyn, there's a small variety store on Coney Island Avenue near Avenue J ( maybe called Ahava Mini Market) that might have a size you are looking for.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:50 pm
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
I just get long snoods. Can't stand the short ones.

Where? I have asked in stores and I was told they are outdated and don't sell them.

amother
OP

amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
If you live in Brooklyn, there's a small variety store on Coney Island Avenue near Avenue J ( maybe called Ahava Mini Market) that might have a size you are looking for.

Thanks for the lead! May check on my next visit to bklyn.

amother
Charcoal

amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where? I have asked in stores and I was told they are outdated and don't sell them.

https://www.millineryshop.net/......html

octopus

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:54 pm
I don't know why this has been what they are selling for years. It's just so ugly!!!

octopus

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:55 pm
Can someone just come up with something that's easy to put on and also pretty???

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:00 pm
The bingo ones are bigger than usual but not the extra long type. I love it. I wash and dry it once before use and then it fits perfectly on my xl head.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:04 pm
I have the same problem!

I’ve spent hundreds of dollars on headgear. Every shape and form. I have yet to find something that will fit my giant head.

Would love any serious leads!

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:06 pm
octopus wrote:
I don't know why this has been what they are selling for years. It's just so ugly!!!

They win in comfort! Beats all else! And if it’s the right length it’s not so ugly.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 11:08 pm
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
https://www.millineryshop.net/8m7/hats-head-coverings/snoods-knot.html

Sigh I wish these would come back in style!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels