Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
S/O - Modern vs Modern Orthodox, let's break it down (again)
  Previous  1  2  3  13  14  15

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 8:55 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Don't people daven for the return to EY which should at least make them think about it?

Rav Schwab says that the bracha of Sim Shalom (as well as the mincha/maariv version) can be divided into thirds: Davening for inner peace for ourselves and others, davening for peace between us all, and davening for safety for Jews everywhere.

OK, chevra, now that you know this abstract of a beautiful piece from Rav Schwab on Prayer (as is every word of this sefer) when you daven for safety for Jews everywhere, think of EY.

I can quote Michal Horowitz who I think was quoting Rabbi Lamm, z"l about returning to EY, either because we were forced to by persecution or, like the dove, fly back happily and lovingly.

I can also quote Rabbi Yisrael Reisman (who often quotes the Chasam Sofer who was quite the Zionist in the purest, non-ideological sense) about the incredible bracha we have now of access to EY, and how its rebuilding now could be stages of nevuah about return (without going all aschalta d'geulah, for those who are uncomfortable with that talk. This is an Agudah rav and RY speaking). He is also baffled by people who go on expensive international vacations that are not EY.

What you say is sad but - I'll use the word again - baffling.
Everything you say is true. But that does not negate that there are some modern orthodox jews that do not have israel on their minds at all.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Oct 18 2021, 8:15 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Everything you say is true. But that does not negate that there are some modern orthodox jews that do not have israel on their minds at all.

I’m here in America, and can say that the vast majority MO ppl here support Israel.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 2:49 am
dancingqueen wrote:
I’m here in America, and can say that the vast majority MO ppl here support Israel.
I grew up in america. Im not say that most dont support, Im just saying that there are many modern orthodox that dont even have israel on their radar. Thats all. Ive met a few. Its a real thing. And very very sad.
Page 15 of 15   Previous  1  2  3  13  14  15 Recent Topics