Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Girls high schools in gush etzion

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 2:54 pm
Can anyone tell me about the different girls high schools in gush etzion?

etky

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 4:02 am
There are three:
Neve Channa, Oriya and Rosh Tzurim
The first two are Ohr Torah schools but have slightly different academic orientations with Oriya offering a more varied program in terms of the arts.
Rosh Tzurim is a much smaller school than the first two and AFAIK accepts mostly graduates of the Orot Etzyon girls school in Efrat.
Neve Channa and Oriya are larger and have girls from all over the Gush and some from the Beit Shemesh area and even from Jerusalem.
My DD is a graduate of Neve Channa so I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about that school specifically.
She was extremely happy there btw.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 4:18 am
Rosh Tzurim is also considered a more "frum" school, I know several girls from the mamad (religious public school) who go there.
Neve Channa is more academic, Oriya accepts every applicant (unless I think they were accepted to another school) and is bigger so has a very wide range of students, it also offers various artistic tracks (arts, theater, dance).

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 4:28 am
Also some girls travel into Jerusalem for school, mostly to Chorev, and a few to Pelech or other places.

etky

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 4:37 am
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
Also some girls travel into Jerusalem for school, mostly to Chorev, and a few to Pelech or other places.

My older DD went to Pelech.
Thank goodness the traffic then was not nearly as bad as it is now.
She would leave a bit before seven and get to school at 07:30.
Nowadays she would have to leave much, much earlier for a much longer trip into town and getting home would be just as bad.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 5:11 am
etky wrote:
My older DD went to Pelech.
Thank goodness the traffic then was not nearly as bad as it is now.
She would leave a bit before seven and get to school at 07:30.
Nowadays she would have to leave much, much earlier for a much longer trip into town and getting home would be just as bad.

Yes, I was going to add that as an option but decided not to, because of the traffic issue. It's pretty crazy right now.
Maybe when the tunnels are finished the situtation will get better and then you have any school in the southern-central part of JLM available to you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions