Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos Leah Prospect Park Monsey

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 4:49 pm
Do you know anything about this school?
1. Are they warm and loving
2. What is their current parent body like?
3. What are their hashkafos
4. Are they very focused on academics ? Or are they focused on middos? Or both?
5. Do you know anyone that sends there and if yes, are they happy with the school?

Any or all answers are greatly appreciated.

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:33 pm
Had an interview there. Principal is really sweet. Seems like a very warm school.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:40 pm
Who is the principal there?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:01 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Who is the principal there?

Mrs Shoshana Rube Principal
Rabbi Leib Kelman Menahel
Rabbi Akiva Kelman Assistant Menahel

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:04 pm
I don't know shoshana rube personally, but she is supposed to be a great person!!
My sister benefited from her pillars program about a decade ago

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:36 pm
Is the school student body similar to the flatbush one? Is that their goal?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:50 pm
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:

I know that there are some chassidish girls there.

cnc

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:51 pm

No. It’s a more heimesh crowd .

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:54 pm
Oh wow, thats interesting that they're servicing a more heimishe crowd as opposed to their flatbush one. Thats good to know. Thanks!

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:55 pm
Its a very mixed crowd I know some more modern ppl who send and some chassidish....

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 8:15 pm
Oh wow, thats interesting that they're servicing a more heimishe crowd as opposed to their flatbush one. Thats good to know. Thanks!

It's not a chassidish school though. It's a regular Bais Yaakov. The two ppl that I know of who send there are litvish or yeshivish.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 8:56 pm
What I've heard and seen is that it's similar hashkafically to Ateres and some of the parent body in YSV (but that's a huge range so not so helpful)

tryinghard

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 9:06 pm
My sister sends there and is really happy. If you want to PM me, I may be able to put you in touch with her.

amother
Mimosa

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 9:35 pm
The first year they opened and accepted everyone including chassidim because they needed to fill up the classes. The second year around when I tried registering my daughter, they sent me an application and schlepped me around for months, I kept calling and calling and they kept saying they are finding out info on us. Finally after 4 months when I called yet again the secretary stammered and said “we don’t accept chassidim at this time, why don’t you go and try something else?” TYH we were not accepted because I would not want my child in a school that has no ahavas Yisroel.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 9:45 pm
amother [ Mimosa ] wrote:
The first year they opened and accepted everyone including chassidim because they needed to fill up the classes. The second year around when I tried registering my daughter, they sent me an application and schlepped me around for months, I kept calling and calling and they kept saying they are finding out info on us. Finally after 4 months when I called yet again the secretary stammered and said “we don’t accept chassidim at this time, why don’t you go and try something else?” TYH we were not accepted because I would not want my child in a school that has no ahavas Yisroel.

While I understand that you're upset, this does not show a lack of ahavas yisroel. Just like chassidish schools won't accept non chassidish kids, non chassidish schools won't accept chassidish kids. We need to send where we belong.
I do think though that they just told it to you as an excuse because I know chassidish girls that have been accepted there in the past few years. They accept good stable torah'dig chassidish families. They don't accept chassidish girls that come from homes that are shifting away from chassidish and changing their lifestyle. (Aka cool/modern chassidish.)

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 10:35 pm
amother [ Mimosa ] wrote:

I kind of got back similar regards.

tevi

Post Mon, Aug 29 2022, 9:35 pm
Anyone know what's been going on with the school and the principal leaving?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics