Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Spin off functional medicine & assertiveness

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 4:49 pm
Anyone here used this practice?

Seems like they're an integrative practice which I'm looking for but I'd like to hear from people who've used them.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 9:58 pm
Bump

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:01 pm
following

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Jun 17 2021, 11:04 pm
I know someone who uses them and they are very happy there.
Not sure if everyone in that practice takes insurance.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 18 2021, 2:17 pm
Thanks Catmint. (Wow we are getting some interesting colors, no?)

Insurance is not a problem for me, I have a high deductible plan.

Can you ask the person if I could call or email them to hear more?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 5:57 pm
GRRRR. I just wasted a LOT of time. More than the couple of hours to go there & back, because I also didn't sleep well last night...

Anyhow, while Dr. Berkovich is seemingly an integrative and/or functional medicine practitioner, and they do have chiropractors & even, I think, an acupuncturist, it seems that Dr. Shannon Rittberg is none of the above.

My first clue was that her nurse call me this morning to find out if I'm vaccinated, & then asked me a bunch of screening questions.

Everyone there was masked, Dr. Rittberg in what looked like and N95.

I asked her if she's familiar with America's Frontline Doctors, and she said she'd never heard of them. Then I asked if she's followed any studies of hydroxychloroquine.

She then said, "Why don't you tell me why you're here so we can make sure we're not wasting your time or mine." I was getting kind of hostile vibes, maybe she doesn't like Jews?

I said, "I thought this was an integrative medicine practice." She said, "some of our doctors are. I think you should see Dr. Berkovitch's PA."

And they had the nerve to charge me $25 for having checked my blood pressure and weight. I thought of complaining but I didn't want to make a scene.

They wanted to reschedule me with the PA but with Yom Tov coming up I don't know that I want to spend the time right now...

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 6:31 pm
delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Oct 11 2021, 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 2:48 pm
I was just trying to get acquainted and see if she's on my wavelength. Which, clearly not. I just can't figure out what she's doing in that practice!

But basically those who believe in integrated or complementary medicine should be following the literature more critically.

My feeling now is that this practice has commercialized the opportunity of people looking for better wellness. They seem to have PT or at least personal trainers, and shelves & shelves of supplements, which can certainly be a big moneymaker.

But my craniosacral/essential oils etc person is NOT pushing supplements. I keep asking her to give me something for X or Y & she says I don't want you to take too many things, you need to give your body the chance to heal. And I know she researches each supplement, brands ...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 4:43 pm
I was about to post a whole new thread but then I thought (foggy brain...) I seem to think I mentioned this before...

Anyhow, do you think I should write them a polite but assertive letter asking for my $25 back? I think it was a real chutzpah that they charged me but I was so taken aback I wasn't sure how to react at the time.

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 5:09 pm
Just curious who you use for craniosacral and essential oils? The practitioner I used moved out of country… thanks!

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 5:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was about to post a whole new thread but then I thought (foggy brain...) I seem to think I mentioned this before...

Anyhow, do you think I should write them a polite but assertive letter asking for my $25 back? I think it was a real chutzpah that they charged me but I was so taken aback I wasn't sure how to react at the time.
I wouldn’t . 25 isn’t a lot in the grand scheme of things. Us in the chronic illness world have dropped a lot more than that on appointments that turned out to be duds.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:28 pm
I guess that it pays to find out when the appointment is booked what the policy is about masks, shots and if they prescribe off label medications.

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

No, you shouldn't. You wasted the doctor's time by not doing your research

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:25 pm
They charged you a copayment for coming in and taking their time. I don’t think you have any claim to ask for it back

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:40 pm
Are you still looking for a doctor? I have one to recommend but they don’t take any insurance

settledin

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:16 pm
I am! Can you plz give me any leads? Still looking

settledin

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:16 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Are you still looking for a doctor? I have one to recommend but they don’t take any insurance

I'm looking! Any leads?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 7:38 pm
Quote:
Just curious who you use for craniosacral and essential oils? The practitioner I used moved out of country… thanks!
She has no openings in her schedule. Sorry : (

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 7:38 pm
Quote:
Yes please!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries