Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What do you think is the right approach?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 5:20 pm
Say, someone doesn’t fit into any specific mold. Do you believe one should send their daughters to a school that is to the right of them? Or to the left of them? And Why?

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 5:23 pm
Each person will be different.
There literally can not be a one size fits all for such a question.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 5:23 pm
At first I chose the left but it was a disaster for us. We switched to the right and are much happier. You have to be ok with your children turning out like the most extreme of the school whether right or left so think about which you prefer.

mha3484

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 5:43 pm
I say go to the right. If you go to left, you will find yourself saying no a lot more.

amother
Lightpink

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 5:53 pm
There is more to consider. What about the environment or pleasant atmoshere one can have over the other? The quality of education? Location? The adults running the place with whom you have to work with?

Do you focus on teaching your children to learn more from your home environment than the school environment on how to identify?
If all things are equal, in which environment do you see your child not becoming rebellious?

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:53 pm
I chose right. Happy with my choice.

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 7:57 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I say go to the right. If you go to left, you will find yourself saying no a lot more.

Same. I went right. Worked out for us for the reason above and others.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 8:05 pm
I guess it depends where you’re starting from and what exactly left or right means for your family.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 8:12 pm
I have a relative who's had some difficulties with her children and schools. They are smart but have some learning and social issues. They've switched their schools multiple times to find the right fit for each child. Right now, they span the spectrum from a coed day school to a RW yeshiva and a special ed school and they're very happy. Schools are not one size fits all. You need to figure out what is right for each child.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics