Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Kids on the playground

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 3:06 pm
I was in the park with my toddler 2 yrs, another little girl there about 5 yrs blocked the slide and said I dont let you go. I asked her a few times to please move aside for the baby, she repeated herself I dont let.
I gently eased my baby under this girls arm to go on the slide, when I looked back I saw the girl had a look on her face as if she got hurt, perhaps I bumped her without realizing, my toddler isn't small. She marched off to tell her mother across the park who was socializing out of sight.
WWYHD?

mha3484

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 3:09 pm
This has happened to me many times even with kids the same age mas mine. I cant change other peoples children so I either encourage my kids to use different equipment, we go to a different park a few blocks away or we go home.

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 3:11 pm
I would have searched for the mother and tell her kid was bothering.

Stars

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 3:14 pm
Wasn’t there a different slide for you? I don’t get into fights with kids.

amother
Bergamot

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 3:14 pm
I would have done exactly what you did. If the mother came over to say something to me, I would have told her that your child was not allowing my toddler to go down the slide so I did what I did. I'm sorry if she got bumped. (I'd also apologize to the 5 yo too if she got hurt by mistake)
If the mom gets upset at you please don't let it bother you. You obviously did not mean to hurt the five year old.
I see things like this happening all the time at the park where older kids are mean to little ones, and it really gets to me.
Mothers, please teach your kids to let other children (especially younger ones) have a turn on the slide or the swings and not intentionally block them. I could go on for a while on this...

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 3:19 pm
I don't parent other kids. I find a different slide or other thing to play when this happens. I'd never touch someone else's child.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 3:21 pm
I would have done exactly what you did. It’s unacceptable for a parent to take kids to public parks and not supervise them. The other mother was 100% wrong. But you’ll notice that bratty kids tend to belong to absentee mothers.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 3:21 pm
My toddler was halfway up the ladder, im not taking her down at that point to go to a diff playground blocks away or to find the mother, how do I know which one in the park is hers? 5 yr old girl was blocking the little toddler slide, the one other slide in the park is bigger and was full of older kids. The mother didnt say anything to me after.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 3:24 pm
amother [ Bergamot ] wrote:
I would have done exactly what you did. If the mother came over to say something to me, I would have told her that your child was not allowing my toddler to go down the slide so I did what I did. I'm sorry if she got bumped. (I'd also apologize to the 5 yo too if she got hurt by mistake)
If the mom gets upset at you please don't let it bother you. You obviously did not mean to hurt the five year old.
I see things like this happening all the time at the park where older kids are mean to little ones, and it really gets to me.
Mothers, please teach your kids to let other children (especially younger ones) have a turn on the slide or the swings and not intentionally block them. I could go on for a while on this...

For real. One shabbos before my little one was born we went to a park nearby.
It’s a huge park and it was full.

My son loves the big slide. So he just stood at the entrance of the slide waiting forever for the kids to slide down the slide before he got impatient and just got on and slid down and bumped a little girl who was still sitting on the slide at the end. Some kids are very impatient lol and just wanna slide down the slide…give every kid a chance.

Another time a big kid maybe 6-7 years old shoved my son to the side just as he was about to sit down to slide down. THAT horrified me. We took our son and left right then and there.

He does not like the small slides.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children