Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr. Henry Hasson (Brooklyn)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 3:39 pm
Has anyone used him recently?

I live in NY but not Brooklyn but I heard he does telehealth. How will that work for a 7 year old?

Are you happy with him?

bnm

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:02 pm
No.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:08 pm
Never used him, cuz I heard negative reviews.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:29 pm
bnm wrote:
No.

No never used him or no you weren’t happy with him

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:30 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Never used him, cuz I heard negative reviews.

What negative reviews did u hear? We had a comprehensive exam done with a neuropsych and I trust the diagnosis. I am looking for medication management.

amother
Hosta

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Has anyone used him recently?

I live in NY but not Brooklyn but I heard he does telehealth. How will that work for a 7 year old?

Are you happy with him?

I used him and liked him. He listened to feedback and changed doses/medication as needed. Some people dont like him because he pushes medication but not sure what you expect from him as that is his job. So if you dont want medication then dont go to him but if you want someone who will help you find the right dose and the right medicine (we tried many different ones til we were satisfied) then he is good for that.

saraklein613

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:36 pm
I used him. For 2 kids
One who had migraines he medicated and explained step by step how to medicate how much when which meds etc. Then I used him for my kid with add and he medicated. Which after a year or 2 we stopped. Hes a silent type
So I think people who write bad reviews are put off by his non engagement. So if you're looking for warmth from a dr hes not your address...
But if you're looking for a local pediatric neurologist who most likely takes your insurance hes your address.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What negative reviews did u hear? We had a comprehensive exam done with a neuropsych and I trust the diagnosis. I am looking for medication management.

The nueropsych who did my son's full exam said he's not the best.

And what amother hosta said about him pushing meds is absolutely not true. If someone doesn't necessarily need meds, he shouldn't be pushing it.

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:51 pm
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
I used him and liked him. He listened to feedback and changed doses/medication as needed. Some people dont like him because he pushes medication but not sure what you expect from him as that is his job. So if you dont want medication then dont go to him but if you want someone who will help you find the right dose and the right medicine (we tried many different ones til we were satisfied) then he is good for that.

His job is a neurologist.
Not necessarily to push meds.

amother
Catmint

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 8:51 pm
He's perfectly fine for medication management.

We had our son evaluated at a top-notch (read: expensive) doctor, but the traveling and expense were too much. We already had a diagnosis and were learning to tweak the medicine, so basically needed someone to prescribe based on what was working. He's good for that, but I probably wouldn't go to him for the initial diagnosis.

bnm

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 9:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No never used him or no you weren’t happy with him

I used him. Not recently. I went because of a different thing- not adhd/spectrum/epilepsy- he barely looked at the child and then was very dismissive.

Brownie Bar

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 9:07 pm
I was really not happy with him

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 10:11 pm
Brownie Bar wrote:
I was really not happy with him

Why?

Brownie Bar

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 10:29 pm
My son has ADHD and is autistic. He did not prescribe the right meds at all and he had a wrong interpretation of my sons behavior. He didn't understand the situation at all.

bnm

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 8:36 pm
When the pediatrician heard I went to him (new one a few years later) he asked what I thought and then said he only sends there if they need a diagnosis on paper to get services instantly because there wasn't a long wait for the appointment. When my other kid needed a neuro I went elsewhere. When the same kid needed a neuro for something else- migraines- I found a 3rd neuro. Apparently some of them microspecalize.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics