Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Yellowstone national park

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 1:20 am
Hi, looking for trip planning info for couple, 5 days, including shabbos. Thx

DVOM

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 2:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi, looking for trip planning info for couple, 5 days, including shabbos. Thx

Following so that I can live vicariously through you LOL !!

Sounds awesome, op! Have a fantastic time!

PSmommy

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:01 am
Omg that was one of my best trips! I went there for a week with my brother right before I got married.
For Shabbos, get in touch with Rabbi Bruk in Bozeman, Montana. The Bruks are the most incredible family. (You can Google them)
We did a few days in Yellowstone and a few days in Glacier National Park. So worth it. It's about a 6 hour drive. Both a so beautiful and so different.
So it really depends on what kind of couple you are. When my brother and I went, we slept in a tent every night in different campsites around the park.
My friend went this summer with her family and I think they drove in every day and slept in a hotel/motel type of thing.
There is the classic Old Faithful geyser that's a must. There's also a bunch all around.
I would check the weather because we went in August and it got hot during the day but some hikes had snow on the mountains.
If you want an intense hike, check out avalanche peak. It goes really high.
There is also a beautiful place called the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. It has waterfalls and hikes if you want. But you can just drive up and look.
If you have any questions let me know. I was there 3 years ago so I might remember.

doctorima

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 8:29 pm
Yellowstone NP is big, but it definitely doesn't need 5 days. The park is shaped like a figure 8, and two days is enough to see it all (one day for each half of the 8), 3 if you like to go slow and soak it all in.

Even including Shabbos, you'll be bored in 5 days, so I'd suggest combining it with nearby Grand Teton NP, which will fill up your time nicely.

Glacier NP is stunning, but a lot farther away, and Glacier needs more time than Grand Teton, so with 5 days including Shabbos, I'd stick to Yellowstone + GT.

CPenzias

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 9:45 pm
It is beautiful there. We went this past summer but didn't stay over shabbos. Enjoy it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics