Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
My husband has covid! what remedies can I take
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 6:38 am
So my husband has been sick for the past few days even though he is vaccinated. He tested positive for covid. No one else in the house got it yet.
What can I do to prevent it or have mild illness? I am not vaccinated and am overweight in my 40s.

I am doing Vit C 1000 IU
Vit D 5000IU Zinc 30mg
Quecertin

I have ivermectin in the house. Any other tips to have a mild illness?
I am trying to keep my husband to his bedroom but he finds it hard. I am sleeping in another room. we have a small house with only one bathroom

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 6:41 am
Both wear masks all the time.

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:01 am
Ask your Dr about taking more vitamin c. 1000 seems low to me.
Refuah shelaima to your husband. If he's not sick that long, maybe he can still get plasma

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:07 am
My DH also had it in the beginning before all the vaccines came out. I bh didnt get it. Every day I would clean the bathrooms and then spray it down with dettol anti bacterial spray. Also I would wipe down all the door handles with anti bacterial wipes and clean all shared places. You can google it and find more information

amother
Foxglove

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:34 am
Find out if you can get the monoclonal antibodies. You should qualify if 40s and overweight.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:34 am
Keep the windows in your house wide open.

Health experts say that the main steps to take to prevent illness, in order of effectiveness, are vaccination, ventilation (keeping windows open), distancing, masking.

If you are overweight, that is an extra reason to take the vaccine. People still get Covid even if they are vaccinated, but they have a reduced risk of getting it, and if they get it, it is more likely to be a mild illness. The numbers from Israel and the US both say this. It's no guarantee, of course, but it's still the best that you can do at this point.

SYA

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:49 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:

Health experts say that the main steps to take to prevent illness, in order of effectiveness, are vaccination, ventilation (keeping windows open), distancing, masking.

If you are overweight, that is an extra reason to take the vaccine. People still get Covid even if they are vaccinated, but they have a reduced risk of getting it, and if they get it, it is more likely to be a mild illness. The numbers from Israel and the US both say this. It's no guarantee, of course, but it's still the best that you can do at this point.

Taking the vaccine after a known exposure will not help for now. The vaccine isn't really effective till two weeks after the second shot. That's 6 weeks away! She needs help for now.

Washing all surfaces, washing hands frequently after touching surfaces, well ventilating the house, keeping to opposite sides of the house, use only disposables that he can dispose of himself.

If you do catch it, take the monocular antibodies treatment right away. It's most effective if done within the first 48 hours of symptoms.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 8:09 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:

How will taking the vaccine help her now? How is it the best thing she can do at this point when it takes two weeks after the second dose to build full immunity? And it clearly didn't help her husband who took the vaccine and now has covid.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 9:13 am
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
Find out if you can get the monoclonal antibodies. You should qualify if 40s and overweight.

Huh? Is this now being given preventatively?

English3

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 9:16 am
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
Huh? Is this now being given preventatively?

Yes, I think I read that fox's husband is getting this monthly as a preventative as he had a transplant which isn't so compatible with the vaccine.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 9:17 am
English3 wrote:
Yes, I think I read that fox's husband is getting this monthly as a preventative as he had a transplant which isn't so compatible with the vaccine.

Wow, good to know.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 9:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So my husband has been sick for the past few days even though he is vaccinated. He tested positive for covid. No one else in the house got it yet.
What can I do to prevent it or have mild illness? I am not vaccinated and am overweight in my 40s.

I am doing Vit C 1000 IU
Vit D 5000IU Zinc 30mg
Quecertin

I have ivermectin in the house. Any other tips to have a mild illness?
I am trying to keep my husband to his bedroom but he finds it hard. I am sleeping in another room. we have a small house with only one bathroom

Relax. You have the vaccine so you’ll be fine.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 9:34 am
I am overweight same age bracket as you and my husband recent,y had COVID. If I had it I didn’t know about it.

amother
Snow

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 9:38 am
amother [ Papayawhip ] wrote:

You quoted her statement that she is not vaccinated, yet you say she has the vaccine…do you know more than her?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 9:39 am
amother [ Papayawhip ] wrote:

#1 she said she did NOT have vaccine, and #2 vaccine is clearly no guarantee of anything. Lots of people vaccinated getting sick with a whole range of symptoms from mild to severe.

Amarante

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:36 am
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
#1 she said she did NOT have vaccine, and #2 vaccine is clearly no guarantee of anything. Lots of people vaccinated getting sick with a whole range of symptoms from mild to severe.

This is simply not true.

Those hospitalized with COVID are overwhelming unvaccinated and those who are vaccinated and hospitalized are almost all immunocompromised or extremely elderly with some other comorbidities.

The vaccines are doing exactly what they were meant to do which is preventing death and severe illness. Recent studies in Israel has shown that the booster works as it is intended to.

Also death is not the only horrible outcome from COVID. If you are hospitalized and recover from a severe bout you will have months of recovery and might not ever fully recover.

I just read about a very sad case where a pregnant woman got a mild case and her baby died in the womb. The placenta was shown to be riddled with blood clots which is one of the standard symptoms of COVID and so the baby was unable to get enough oxygen.

tryinghard

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:55 am
Amarante wrote:
This is simply not true.

Those hospitalized with COVID are overwhelming unvaccinated and those who are vaccinated and hospitalized are almost all immunocompromised or extremely elderly with some other comorbidities.

The vaccines are doing exactly what they were meant to do which is preventing death and severe illness. Recent studies in Israel has shown that the booster works as it is intended to.

Also death is not the only horrible outcome from COVID. If you are hospitalized and recover from a severe bout you will have months of recovery and might not ever fully recover.

I just read about a very sad case where a pregnant woman got a mild case and her baby died in the womb. The placenta was shown to be riddled with blood clots which is one of the standard symptoms of COVID and so the baby was unable to get enough oxygen.

28% of Covid deaths in Michigan in the last month were vaccinated patients. From September 6th through October 6th, 64% of fatalities in Vermont were in fully vaccinated patients. Overall in the US, the majority of fatalities are in the unvaccinated. But “overwhelming majority” only works if you calculate back to January, before nearly anyone was vaccinated.

While the vaccine can be protective (depending on how long ago it was given), it is incorrect say that the vaccinated do not get very sick. And it often leads to assumptions of safety among very vulnerable people, who drop any precautions they should be taking.

And certainly someone who is unvaccinated and already exposed doesn’t need a speech about the vaccine. It’s way too late for that. And (this is more directed at medical professionals) the constant insistence on vaccines only, with no treatment options is patently ridiculous.

When I called my OB’s office saying I tested positive, the nurse told me to drink and keep my fever down. 18 months in and that’s the extent of what gets offered to patients? “Stay home until you need to be hospitalized” is no standard of care. She told me I could not get the monoclonal antibody treatment because I’m pregnant. That sounded wrong, and I had to push to get any more information, and even my doctor himself wasn’t sure about it. He needed to consult with a maternal fetal expert (who of course urged him to have me get the treatment - pregnancy is one of the indicators to take it!) - because for some reason it’s not being encouraged here and few patients ever mention it, and even the doctors aren’t super familiar.

OP - there have been numerous studies on Covid and Vitamin D levels. I would highly recommend adding Vitamin D to your regimen. Aspirin can be helpful. And talk to your doctor about post-exposure prophylactic monoclonal antibody treatment.

As for Vitamin C, the best (most effectively absorbed) form is L-ascorbic acid - check ingredients.

This is a treatment protocol drawn up by a group of doctors. It’s not all-or-nothing - take what you can, and they list dosages and order of importance. Your husband should be taking these too.

Refuah Shelaima!
https://covid19criticalcare.co.....H.pdf

Last edited by tryinghard on Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:58 am
Trying hard, Thank you for your very informative and clear post!

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:58 am
Amarante wrote:
This is simply not true.

First of all, irrelevant to OP as she stated she is NOT vaccinated.

Secondly, disagree with you. I get it. You have a set of data. I have another. Plus a long list of first hand accounts from people who were sick recently and doctors and nurses who tell me what they see in the ER. I won't change your mind. You won't change mine. I'm not engaging. Enjoy your day.

Amarante

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:07 am
tryinghard wrote:
Last week, 45% of COVID fatalities in Massachusetts were in fully vaccinated patients. In other locations the numbers are worse.
While the vaccine can be protective (depending on how long ago it was given), it is incorrect say that the vaccinated do not get very sick. And it often leads to assumptions of safety among very vulnerable people, who drop any precautions they should be taking.

And certainly someone who is unvaccinated and already exposed doesn’t need a speech about the vaccine. It’s way too late for that. And (this is more directed at medical professionals) the constant insistence on vaccines only, with no treatment options is patently ridiculous.

I don't know where you are digging up these fake statistics but your information on Massachusetts deaths among the vaccinated is completely wrong.

If you have statistics indicating something to the contrary feel free to provide.

The evidence regarding the protection afforded by the vaccine are overwhelming AND from so many sources. One would have to believe that multiple governments and multiple agencies and institutions throughout the world are somehow engaged in a far flung conspiracy to push vaccines - for what purpose?

An Italian study which I selected at random only to illustrate how strongly all of the non biased evidence shows that vaccines work as they are intended - to protect against death and severe illness except among those very ill and/or very old.

https://www.reuters.com/busine.....t.com

I mostly avoid responding except when something appears to be so egregiously wrong and filled with dangerous misinformation.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news.....5063/

Massachusetts health officials on Tuesday reported nearly 3,500 new breakthrough cases over the past week, and 26 more deaths. The number of breakthrough infections is equivalent to just over 1% of all fully vaccinated people in the state.

In the last week, 3,431 new breakthrough cases -- infections in people who have been vaccinated -- were reported, with 138 more vaccinated people hospitalized, Massachusetts Department of Public Health officials said Tuesday. Their report brings the total number of breakthrough cases to 47,929, and the death toll among people with breakthrough infections to 371.

Both figures remain a tiny percentage of the total number of all people who have been vaccinated -- the equivalent of just 0.03% of vaccinated people have been hospitalized, and 1.02% have had confirmed infections (the latter figure up from 0.95% last week). An even smaller percentage has died: 0.008%. The report also doesn't indicate how many of the breakthrough cases are in people with underlying conditions, though it also notes that "may be undercounted due to discrepancies" in records.

While vaccinated people are getting COVID-19, the virus' effects are severely blunted in them, and breakthrough cases rarely lead to hospitalizations or deaths. That's why public health officials worldwide continue to stress the importance of vaccination. (If you still need to be vaccinated, here's a tool to find the closest vaccination provider to your home.)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics