Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
My husband has covid! what remedies can I take
Previous  1  2

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:10 am
Vaccine.

tryinghard

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:18 am
Amarante wrote:
I don't know where you are digging up these fake statistics but your information on Massachusetts deaths among the vaccinated is completely wrong.

If you have statistics indicating something to the contrary feel free to provide.

The evidence regarding the protection afforded by the vaccine are overwhelming AND from so many sources. One would have to believe that multiple governments and multiple agencies and institutions throughout the world are somehow engaged in a far flung conspiracy to push vaccines - for what purpose?

An Italian study which I selected at random only to illustrate how strongly all of the non biased evidence shows that vaccines work as they are intended - to protect against death and severe illness except among those very ill and/or very old.

https://www.reuters.com/busine.....t.com

I mostly avoid responding except when something appears to be so egregiously wrong and filled with dangerous misinformation.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news.....5063/

Massachusetts health officials on Tuesday reported nearly 3,500 new breakthrough cases over the past week, and 26 more deaths. The number of breakthrough infections is equivalent to just over 1% of all fully vaccinated people in the state.

In the last week, 3,431 new breakthrough cases -- infections in people who have been vaccinated -- were reported, with 138 more vaccinated people hospitalized, Massachusetts Department of Public Health officials said Tuesday. Their report brings the total number of breakthrough cases to 47,929, and the death toll among people with breakthrough infections to 371.

Both figures remain a tiny percentage of the total number of all people who have been vaccinated -- the equivalent of just 0.03% of vaccinated people have been hospitalized, and 1.02% have had confirmed infections (the latter figure up from 0.95% last week). An even smaller percentage has died: 0.008%. The report also doesn't indicate how many of the breakthrough cases are in people with underlying conditions, though it also notes that "may be undercounted due to discrepancies" in records.

While vaccinated people are getting COVID-19, the virus' effects are severely blunted in them, and breakthrough cases rarely lead to hospitalizations or deaths. That's why public health officials worldwide continue to stress the importance of vaccination. (If you still need to be vaccinated, here's a tool to find the closest vaccination provider to your home.)

I went back and corrected it - I got confused with something else. The Michigan and Vermont numbers come directly from their state DOH numbers.

It’s not a question of “what percentage of vaccinated individuals will be hospitalized?”, because that same question will come out really low for unvaccinated as well.
And it’s disingenuous to say “hospitalizations are overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated” but when presenting actual numbers, to only turn to “well IF you are vaccinated you will most likely not be hospitalized”. If you are unvaccinated, that is the case as well.

And if the vaccines are so incredibly effective, why the need for boosters?

Because “breakthroughs” are increasingly common. By 6 months post-vax with Pfizer, effectiveness is in the 30% range. J&J is 3%!!! These “vaccines” are a prophylactic treatment which prevent severe symptoms for a short amount of time in most patients. No more, no less.

None of this makes the lack of treatment options ONCE someone is sick any less egregious. My vaccinated husband (incidentally still within the supposed greatest window of protection from the vaccine) was the one who infected the rest of us. And he got the sickest.

But if we hadn’t pushed our doctors, and looked for more information, we would have just been left to wait it out and hope not to be hospitalized.

Which of course would be the case with 90+% of patients, vaccinated or not. But if this is so super dangerous, there should be more interest in treating patients early on and PREVENTING hospitalization to begin with.

Laiya

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:27 am
tryinghard wrote:
I went back and corrected it - I got confused with something else. The Michigan and Vermont numbers come directly from their state DOH numbers.

It’s not a question of “what percentage of vaccinated individuals will be hospitalized?”, because that same question will come out really low for unvaccinated as well.
And it’s disingenuous to say “hospitalizations are overwhelmingly among the unvaccinated” but when presenting actual numbers, to only turn to “well IF you are vaccinated you will most likely not be hospitalized”. If you are unvaccinated, that is the case as well.

And if the vaccines are so incredibly effective, why the need for boosters?

Because “breakthroughs” are increasingly common. By 6 months post-vax with Pfizer, effectiveness is in the 30% range. J&J is 3%!!! These “vaccines” are a prophylactic treatment which prevent severe symptoms for a short amount of time in most patients. No more, no less.

None of this makes the lack of treatment options ONCE someone is sick any less egregious. My vaccinated husband (incidentally still within the supposed greatest window of protection from the vaccine) was the one who infected the rest of us. And he got the sickest.

But if we hadn’t pushed our doctors, and looked for more information, we would have just been left to wait it out and hope not to be hospitalized.

Which of course would be the case with 90+% of patients, vaccinated or not. But if this is so super dangerous, there should be more interest in treating patients early on and PREVENTING hospitalization to begin with.

Excellent points. Also countries with high vaccination rates like Ireland (92% vaxed) England (80%), Scotland (87%) and Germany (80%) are being hit with severe covid waves right now. Their excess mortality rates are also far higher than the previous 5 years (suggesting either covid deaths or higher rates of heart attacks, strokes etc. from the vaccine).

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:29 am
Laiya wrote:
Excellent points. Also countries with high vaccination rates like Ireland (92% vaxed) England (80%), Scotland (87%) and Germany (80%) are being hit with severe covid waves right now. Their excess mortality rates are also far higher than the previous 5 years (suggesting either covid deaths or higher rates of heart attacks, strokes etc. from the vaccine).

Source?

gold21

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:33 am
I don't believe that you need a positive covid test to receive monoclonal antibodies. As you are overweight, and that is considered a risk factor, you should be eligible for this treatment even prophylactically.

However, you may want to go the Ivermectin route instead. That's up to you. Or you can do both.

Quercetin is a reasonably good prophylactic but milder, so if you are being heavily exposed, you may want to go with Ivermectin instead.

Do you have correct dosing for Ivermectin?

Good Luck.

gold21

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:39 am
Amarante wrote:
I don't know where you are digging up these fake statistics but your information on Massachusetts deaths among the vaccinated is completely wrong.

If you have statistics indicating something to the contrary feel free to provide.

The evidence regarding the protection afforded by the vaccine are overwhelming AND from so many sources. One would have to believe that multiple governments and multiple agencies and institutions throughout the world are somehow engaged in a far flung conspiracy to push vaccines - for what purpose?

An Italian study which I selected at random only to illustrate how strongly all of the non biased evidence shows that vaccines work as they are intended - to protect against death and severe illness except among those very ill and/or very old.

https://www.reuters.com/busine.....t.com

I mostly avoid responding except when something appears to be so egregiously wrong and filled with dangerous misinformation.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news.....5063/

Massachusetts health officials on Tuesday reported nearly 3,500 new breakthrough cases over the past week, and 26 more deaths. The number of breakthrough infections is equivalent to just over 1% of all fully vaccinated people in the state.

In the last week, 3,431 new breakthrough cases -- infections in people who have been vaccinated -- were reported, with 138 more vaccinated people hospitalized, Massachusetts Department of Public Health officials said Tuesday. Their report brings the total number of breakthrough cases to 47,929, and the death toll among people with breakthrough infections to 371.

Both figures remain a tiny percentage of the total number of all people who have been vaccinated -- the equivalent of just 0.03% of vaccinated people have been hospitalized, and 1.02% have had confirmed infections (the latter figure up from 0.95% last week). An even smaller percentage has died: 0.008%. The report also doesn't indicate how many of the breakthrough cases are in people with underlying conditions, though it also notes that "may be undercounted due to discrepancies" in records.

While vaccinated people are getting COVID-19, the virus' effects are severely blunted in them, and breakthrough cases rarely lead to hospitalizations or deaths. That's why public health officials worldwide continue to stress the importance of vaccination. (If you still need to be vaccinated, here's a tool to find the closest vaccination provider to your home.)

Great study right there, eh.

At the time of study initiation, about ONE & A HALF percent of the Italian population was fully vaccinated. So I'm going to guess that at least 98.5 percent of critically ill patients at that point were unvaccinated, if you get my drift.

What an excellent time to start a study on vaxxed vs unvaxxed.... When nearly everyone is still unvaxxed. Confused

Gradually, vaccination scaled up. Very gradually.

Italy only hit 50 percent fully vaccinated in LATE JULY. According to the data, it seems that they hit the halfway mark on JULY 25. That's how many months in to the study? That's nearly SIX months into a an EIGHT month study. Yup, it was nearly over by the time half the population was fully vaccinated.

Oh, the absurdity of it all.

At this point, they are at about 80 percent fully vaccinated.

Perhaps they should run a new study starting now? Who's with me?

Last edited by gold21 on Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total

grateful2bmom

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I am doing Vit C 1000 IU
Vit D 5000IU Zinc 30mg
Quecertin

My doctor recommends taking a baby aspirin as well and raise the zinc to 50mg.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:42 am
You can take ivermectin prophylactically

Laiya

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:44 am
OP, try Somech. 212-419-8189. Refuah shleima.

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 12:24 pm
grateful2bmom wrote:
My doctor recommends taking a baby aspirin as well and raise the zinc to 50mg.

Double check with your pharmacist if you're taking other meds.
My pharmacist was okay with me taking a baby aspirin even though regular dose is contraindicated for the meds I'm taking.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics