Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Axe Throwing? What's fun about it?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:23 am
My husband and I have a rare opportunity to go out this motzei shabbos, so I was looking into some fun date night ideas.

A few friends have recommended axe throwing, and I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing. Is this funner than it sounds? I'm not particularly athletic, I don't pride myself on my aim or my strength or anything like that. I want to do some kind of activity (not just a walk or a drive or dinner) but we've already done mini golf and escape rooms, so I'm trying to think of something different. I know axe throwing is trendy but I can't for my life figure out why..

Anyone here that's gone and can tell me if they enjoyed?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:25 am
Dh went with my teenage son. They loved it. I don’t think I would’ve enjoyed it.
Just like I have no interest in going to a shooting range.

simcha2

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:41 am
I had a great time. It has the fun of trying something new, trying to "win" (like bowling can be fun) and feels very "real".

Dh organized a surprise birthday for me there, so was also with friends. Everyone enjoyed.

busy mommy

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:45 am
You have to be the type to enjoy this. It is very physically demanding but a real adrenaline rush.

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:46 am
We went to a sponsored axe throwing event, and on the way I was thinking "that sounds violent, not fun!" but it ended up being really fun. Like someone said, similar to bowling - you get your axe, you have 3 chances to hit the target, then it's the other person's turn.
We went as a group, which I imagine would be a little more exciting than just as a couple, but I would still totally go again with dh. Just, like you said, to do something fun and different.

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:47 am
such no id go bowling

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:48 am
It was so much fun. We did this for my brothers birthday , so it was a few couples together . I think going with a group is probably more fun than going just as a couple. It was actually challenging but once we got the hang of it, very satisfying.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:49 am
Think of it as playing a really big, heavy, game of darts. Same thing.

Be willing to laugh at yourself, and be a little bit competitive. It's OK to gloat a bit if you get the highest score. Tongue Out

If you want to kick it up a notch, you can bet each other $5.00, or the winner gets a back rub, or whatever else works for you. It's all in good fun.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:52 am
Thanks all!!

OneSource

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:22 am
Axe throwing is so fun! Even if you aren't the one throwing. Personally, golf is boring. Bowling is boring. Axe throwing... less so. Something about sharp objects getting tossed by mildly intoxicated people brings out the better in me. Like, that guy is 1000% going to stab himself in the back. And who knew that the girl over there is so good with an axe?! It's partially the people watching and the novel experience of trying it yourself. Also, bring friends. Makes it more fun. Then you can all look ridiculous together Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics