Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
BY of the Five Towns (new school)
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Ema of 5

Post Sat, Oct 16 2021, 7:52 pm
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
I think most pple in far Rockaway are looking for a bias Yaakov setting. And the bias Yaakov’s here aren’t that bais yaakovy
I think shulamit is a drop left in that they are into Zionism bit otherwise I would say jpf

I guess it depends where you are on the spectrum. To me, BBY is very right.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sat, Oct 16 2021, 8:10 pm
I think most pple in far Rockaway are looking for a bias Yaakov setting. And the bias Yaakov’s here aren’t that bais yaakovy
I think shulamit is a drop left in that they are into Zionism bit otherwise I would say jpf

We're looking at girls' high schools this year and Shulamith is the one most to the right we are considering. Certainly their dress code is far more stringent than SKA which is our other major option. Not sure how it compares to the BY schools which are not even on our radar.

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 1:10 pm
I think this depends on exactly how you define JPF. Shualmith is a little hard to place. First because the original Shulamith predates a lot of our modern definitions, but because it is quite strict on some things (tzniut, extracurriculars) but also Zionist and with a somewhat more modern approach to education. Meanwhile traditionally TAG, though it calls itself BY, has had a very mixed crowd, though I hear it is less so than it used to be.

dena613

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 1:20 pm
Would you call prospect park jpf?

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 1:40 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I guess it depends where you are on the spectrum. To me, BBY is very right.

If that is the case in your opinion, then shulamit should not be too left on the spectrum for you.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Oct 17 2021, 2:31 pm
dena613 wrote:
Would you call prospect park jpf?

I don’t know anything about it….

cnc

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 7:47 pm
ettilou wrote:
Michelle Hirtz, formerly of Shevach for many years. She is planning to start a new high school next school year It's going to be a Bais Yaakov school with all those ideals, and taking into consideration that it's the 21st century.

I think this may be it. It was on a chat I’m on

Oh wow! I know Reb. (Rochelle) Hirtz well and saw Shevach advertising that they’re looking for a new menaheles. She’s a wonderful person! OOC, what crowd is this school catering to?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 1:34 pm
There was an ad in the paper this week again and while it does not give any information about whose behind it and where it will be it does say its an elementary school.

There is an application on the site and asks for what grade your child will be entering in September and if over first grade please xyz. I am wonder how many grades they plan on opening up their first year.....

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 2:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There was an ad in the paper this week again and while it does not give any information about whose behind it and where it will be it does say its an elementary school.

There is an application on the site and asks for what grade your child will be entering in September and if over first grade please xyz. I am wonder how many grades they plan on opening up their first year.....

Are you able to post the ad? I didn’t see anything this week, only last week.

Found the ad. It’s an elementary school, and there is a link on the ad for their website

www.BY5T.org

The website gives no more info than the ad, but there is a link for an application.

(Last edit) Based on the application, it looks like it’s preschool and elementary? The application says “for children entering grade 1 and higher” which implies that there may be children entering a lower grade. But the ad clearly says elementary school….

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 12:11 pm
Did anyone go to the open house?

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 2:11 pm
Its an elementary school, principal is is Mrs. Wrona, current principal in Bnos Yaakov High School in Flatbush

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 2:22 pm
What was your impression of the crowd/ Who are they trying to attract?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 4:42 pm
What was your impression of the crowd/ Who are they trying to attract?

I did not go to the open house but I heard that people from the KAY shul are opening it and its under the umbrella of Bais Yaakov but the crowd will be a Cedarhurst/Woodmere crowd and to the left of TAG.

amother
Currant

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:12 pm
I heard they’re aiming for the crowd in between TAG and Shulamit.

cnc

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:43 pm
amother [ Nemesia ] wrote:
Its an elementary school, principal is is Mrs. Wrona, current principal in Bnos Yaakov High School in Flatbush

Who is replacing Mrs. Wrona at Bnos Yakov?

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:47 pm
cnc wrote:
Who is replacing Mrs. Wrona at Bnos Yakov?

They are looking for a replacement. She is staying through June.

amother
Daisy

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 6:57 pm
It is going to a Bais Yaakov school with similar hashkafos to tag. It will not though be unrealistic about the use of technology . It is hoping to attract regular main stream Lawrence cedarhurst Woodmere and north woodmere and Hewlett parents who want a bais Yaakov mentality without being obsessed with what girls should not have on their phones.

amother
Daisy

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 7:15 pm
The Kay crowd all send to tag at the moment so def won’t be to the left of tag- it will be similar

amother
Lightblue

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 7:27 pm
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
I heard they’re aiming for the crowd in between TAG and Shulamit.

Ok thanks.. I’ve been hearing this too..interesting that they are calling themselves bais Yaakov.

ettilou

Post Sun, Nov 07 2021, 7:30 pm
So there is a new BY opening by Brocha Wrona. It’s supposed to be in the Rambam building. Ateres Miriam is opening a high school
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics