Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are healthy vaccinated people still worried about Covid?

I’m under 60, healthy, vaccinated and if I get/got Covid,
I’d try to/ did get monoclonal antibody treatment  
 48%  [ 16 ]
I’d try to / did get supplements and drugs  
 6%  [ 2 ]
I’d try to / did get supplements, drugs and monoclonal antibody treatment  
 15%  [ 5 ]
I would/did feel confident that the vaccine was enough protection and use no treatments  
 30%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 33

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 12:11 pm
I was surprised by the recent post of someone asking about her vaccinated husband taking remedies because he just got Covid. I’m curious - is this common right now? Are vaccinated people who are not elderly and in good health still worried that they will be hospitalized or ch”v die from Covid?

challahchallah

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 12:18 pm
You should have an option for “I’d do a telephone visit with my doctor and do what they told me too.” I’m not worried that I’d be hospitalized or die from Covid, but that doesn’t mean that I would rule out using treatment…I’ve treated all sorts of non-lethal illnesses in my life.

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 12:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was surprised by the recent post of someone asking about her vaccinated husband taking remedies because he just got Covid. I’m curious - is this common right now? Are vaccinated people who are not elderly and in good health still worried that they will be hospitalized or ch”v die from Covid?

She asked about what remedies SHE can take in case she catches it from him. Or to prevent it. She is not vaccinated.

Amarante

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 12:47 pm
challahchallah wrote:
You should have an option for “I’d do a telephone visit with my doctor and do what they told me too.” I’m not worried that I’d be hospitalized or die from Covid, but that doesn’t mean that I would rule out using treatment…I’ve treated all sorts of non-lethal illnesses in my life.

I completely agree.

I don't understand why people don't trust their doctors who know their medical history. Presumably you selected the doctor because you have faith in her training and abilities and have discussed other medical matters which builds up your feelings of trust in her decisions and competence.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 12:50 pm
I had covid before I got the vaccine, and I am young and healthy, but I still called my doctor to know what steps I can take to have the best possible experience. Cuz why not? Wasn’t scared of dying specifically but who wants to feel sick?

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 12:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm the same worried now as I was when I wasn't vaccinated.

I take reasonable precautions but don't let it overtake my life.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 1:07 pm
The vaccine might offer some shemira from COVID. And it's possible that the breakthrough COVID would be less. But there are no guarantees. Of course I'd pursue treatment.
Hashem runs the world. We need some level of menuchas hanefesh but we can't guarantee outcomes.

small bean

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 1:23 pm
It probably depends on persoalnality. I dont go or call a doctor unless im going to pass out. Which in that case, I should probably call 911. My husband is the same way. For my kids, I only take them to the doctor of I think antibioticsnis needed, otherwise they can just be sick.

If you are the type that calls the doctor everytime you have a fever, you probably callnthe doc and take things when you have covid

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 2:00 pm
Your poll is faulty because it makes no differentiation between asymptotic and happened to get tested vs I feel like I’m gonna pass out with a fever of 105 and pulse ox reading low

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 2:09 pm
I was doubled vaxxed and got bad covid. I did the monoclonal treatments which did not help (probably bc I did it too late) and I ended up with pneumonia. Vaxxed or not vaxxed covid is not a walk in the park for alot of people!

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:17 pm
I am vaccinated. I responded to the poll saying I'd take supplements, but I am taking supplements already because they work best if they are a routine thing, not just after getting sick cvs. So I take a daily multi vitamin and mineral supplement with additional calcium/mag/vit d supplement as well daily.

I don't know that I'd take other treatments or that monoclonal antibodies are easily available where I live. I would consult with my dr. if cvs I wanted to get more input on treatment for covid. (other than basic management of "mild" symptoms, and supportive care)

fbc

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:30 pm
I am fully vaccinated. But rn I'm pregnant BH so that's my concern. I'm not super overly worried. But it's a thought in back of my mind.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:38 pm
Fearful people are going to be fearful with or without the vax. And honestly, I feel like those people are most likely to get (most) sick, vaxed or not. Stress will do you in every time.

amother
Catmint

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 8:48 pm
I'm the OP of other friend and where I live there is no at home treatment for covid other then hospitalization. We are very behind the rest of the world. There is no monocule antibodies treatment here. That is why I am anxious.
I am unvaccinated.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 8:53 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
I'm the OP of other friend and where I live there is no at home treatment for covid other then hospitalization. We are very behind the rest of the world. There is no monocule antibodies treatment here. That is why I am anxious.
I am unvaccinated.

Maybe take some vitamins that help boost the immune system as a prevention.

miami85

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 8:55 pm
I was vaccinated, got Covid, got monoclonal antibodies within 24 hours of diagnosis and drank hot tea from the day I tested positive and I'm perfectly fine now. I'm no longer scared of Covid. My kids all tested positive. For this I had them wearing masks for over a year?

amother
Hyssop

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 8:59 pm
I'm vaccinated and caught covid from my kids last week. They had fever but I only had a bit of a cold. I'm in my 40s and overweight so I briefly considered getting monoclonal antibodies but my doctor didn't think it was warranted so I didn't get the infusion in the end. All I did was drink tea with honey and I felt fine within a couple of days.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics