Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Letter of exemption for school
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 7:46 pm
My DD is about to start college and they are requiring the students to either be vaccinated or show a letter of exemption, medical or religious. She is not vaccinated, had Corona and antibodies. Has anyone had either of these letters written or wrote one yourself? Can anyone share what is included, what to write, or an example letter? Any information is helpful!
I don't want to get into the discussion of vaccinating or not, that's for the other 1000 forums Wink

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 9:02 pm
Bump
Can anyone help me formulate a letter please?

ssspectacular

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 9:03 pm
I don't think the school will grant an exemption for that reason.

fmt4

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 9:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My DD is about to start college and they are requiring the students to either be vaccinated or show a letter of exemption, medical or religious. She is not vaccinated, had Corona and antibodies. Has anyone had either of these letters written or wrote one yourself? Can anyone share what is included, what to write, or an example letter? Any information is helpful!
I don't want to get into the discussion of vaccinating or not, that's for the other 1000 forums Wink

You would need to get a letter from a rabbi or doctor I believe.

amother
Whitewash

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 9:31 pm
You don’t write the letter. If her doctor feels that she recently had COVID so vaccination is not appropriate for her at this time (which, depending on how recently she had it, could be perfectly legitimate) then you have the doctor write that in a letter.
A letter that you wrote yourself will definitely not be approved.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:18 pm
The school actually said that the letter should be written by the girl herself and signed by the parents. If it's a medical exemption I'm assuming the doctor then would write the letter and she would have to sign that she agrees with what he wrote. But doubtful our doctor would actually write this letter so we're leaning towards wanting to write a religious exemption and looking for the proper wording or sources and any valid reasons we could use for this

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:28 pm
Google. There are samples of religious exemptions online.

Most object that vaccine was developed using aborted fetal cells.

scruffy

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:30 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Google. There are samples of religious exemptions online.

Most object that vaccine was developed using aborted fetal cells.

Do any Jews truly have a religious problem with that?

OP, see if you can get a medical exemption. A religious one is disingenuous.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:37 pm
That's odd that a college accepts a letter signed by parents (after all, the students are legally adults and parents don't sign anything related to college other than maybe tuition payments). I'd double check if I were you. to make sure you have correct requirements.

Anytime I ever had to produce something for religious purposes in college such as a proctored exam I couldn't do on Shabbos or taking off for YT, it had nothing to do with parents & was required to be on shul stationary and signed by a rabbi.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:48 pm
scruffy wrote:

No doctor will write a medical exemption even if they don't recommend the vaccine.

Those who do are persecuted.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 10:55 pm
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
You don’t write the letter. If her doctor feels that she recently had COVID so vaccination is not appropriate for her at this time (which, depending on how recently she had it, could be perfectly legitimate) then you have the doctor write that in a letter.
A letter that you wrote yourself will definitely not be approved.

I hate to be the pessimist but you are wasting your time trying to get a medical exemption letter. Been there done that with dozens of doctors. None are willing. They risk losing their license. Unfortunately, doctors aren’t making your Covid medical recommendations. Policy makers and politicians are.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:04 pm
scruffy wrote:

You’ve got to be kidding. Every single Mitzvah in the Torah (minus three) is pushed aside for one thing: keeping yourself out of danger. It’s literally the entire Torah and nothing else matters but that. Just because the CDC chooses to ignore the tens of thousands of reported deaths and the hundreds of thousands of reported side affects (not to mention the fact that reported adverse reactions from other countries is now in the millions) doesn’t mean that she has to ignore the danger to her life and violate the most essential commandment in the Torah.

If she was old or unhealthy or even never exposed to Covid that’s a different story - then you speak to a rav or doctor to weigh the risks. But this is clearly not the case.

It’s wrong of you to accuse someone of being dishonest when they are being perfectly true to their religious beliefs.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Oct 21 2021, 11:18 pm
If you need the phone number of a Rabbi who gives a religious exemption let me know and I'll post.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 6:13 am
#BestBubby wrote:
No doctor will write a medical exemption even if they don't recommend the vaccine.

Those who do are persecuted.

Persecuted like murdered? Really?

amother
Mulberry

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 8:10 am
fleetwood wrote:

So the only way to persecute someone is by murdering them?

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 8:12 am
Being vilified and losing license is persecution yes.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 8:18 am
fleetwood wrote:

Fleetwood claims to be against vaccine mandates.

But here she is minimizing the atrocity of intimidating doctors to not protect their patients.

oneofakind

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 8:42 am
The Lakewood scoop website had a sample exemption letter.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 8:59 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Fleetwood claims to be against vaccine mandates.

But here she is minimizing the atrocity of intimidating doctors to not protect their patients.

Yeah that's exactly what I said... Banging head Banging head

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:46 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
If you need the phone number of a Rabbi who gives a religious exemption let me know and I'll post.

Yes, please post his number that would be very helpful. Thanks
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics