Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Nicknames for Pesach?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 6:54 am
I’m due with a boy next month and DH wants to name for a relative he was close with named Pesach.

I don’t love love how it sounds. What nicknames or names could we add to make it sound better?

amother
Begonia

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 6:56 am
Paci (pace-y)

amother
NeonPurple

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 6:58 am
I’d come up with an unrelated nickname
Especially because pessy is a girls name

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:00 am
Psachi is usually for Psachya but I think it could be short for Pesach as well.

Hate paci. I’d rather call him Pesach.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:06 am
Can you call him by his middle name?

I'm wracking my brain, and I can't come up with one good nickname for Pesach. I mean, phonetically you could try and call him Zach, but everyone will assume that's for Zachariah.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m due with a boy next month and DH wants to name for a relative he was close with named Pesach.

I don’t love love how it sounds. What nicknames or names could we add to make it sound better?

I know a Pace and Pacey. Nice people.

tigerwife

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:17 am
I can only imagine shortening to Pei, or Pace (which is kind of cool). Pacey sounds a little juvenile or even feminine. I actually think Pesach is a beautiful name. Just don’t anglicize to Passover on the birth certificate Wink.

amother
Springgreen

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 7:21 am
Sachi
Tzachi is a pretty common nickname (for Betzalel)
This is same but without the T

amother
Opal

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 8:04 am
If you give him a second name like yosef you can call him PJ ;-)
I have a Pesach with another name that makes a really cute nickname but I can't write it here cause then people would know who I am
The name is way more common then you think.

amother
Diamond

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:05 am
There was a Pacey on Dawson’s Creek which normalised it at the time but unfortunately by now probably nobody remembers that show anymore

amother
Amaryllis

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:15 am
Meh. Give the kid an English name or a second name and find a nickname for that. It’s still special to name after the relative even if you don’t call by the name.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:19 am
We were also going to name for a Pesach if we'd had a boy. I planned on calling him Sachi. It sounds cute to me although not easy to say for not frum family or anyone outside of the frum community really. But I still think Sachi is cute! Maybe a second name is your best bet. Or one of those little nicknames that come from initials or sibling and just seem to stick, unrelated to official name.

amother
Raspberry

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:26 am
My sweet nephew is Pacey

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:31 am
we had the same issue, we ended up calling him by an additional name as well. But Sachy (maybe spelt Tzachi) is cute.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:38 am
Pesach is a family name by us. We all use the name and call them Pesach. Some of us spell it Paysach though. It sounds so mature and dignified. I don't know if its the name, but one Pesach is sweeter and refined than the next, at least the ones I know! Bshaa tova!

amother
RosePink

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:47 am
I like Pace as a legal name/nickname but couldn't use it for various reasons. I call my son Pesach and love it!
Didn't even think of Sachi but it is also really cute!

essie14

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 9:31 am
amother [ Diamond ] wrote:
There was a Pacey on Dawson’s Creek which normalised it at the time but unfortunately by now probably nobody remembers that show anymore

LOL I'm old enough that I watched Dawson's Creek when it originally aired and every time I met a Pacey, nicknamed for Pesach, I thought of Joshua Jackson.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 10:25 am
Pesach was a family name in my family too, I have a cousin named Pacey (pronounced Pay - see) and another one named for Pesach goes by his initials our English name. Neither uses the full name.

zaq

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 7:16 pm
How about Aviv (or Avi) since Pesach is chag ha-aviv. That's what I thought the title meant: alternative names for the chag. Zman cherutenu and chag hamatzot don't lend themselves quite so well to application to a human.

essie14

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 8:49 pm
zaq wrote:
How about Aviv (or Avi) since Pesach is chag ha-aviv. That's what I thought the title meant: alternative names for the chag. Zman cherutenu and chag hamatzot don't lend themselves quite so well to application to a human.

I know boys and girls named Cherut.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names