Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
My Cakes keep on falling, please HELP

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:10 am
I know how to cook.
I don't think baking is so difficult, but many times, basic Bundt and cakes that I bake in tube pans, (the tube pan is dark metal, would that make a difference??) come out of the oven really high and then fall to half the height. Am I not baking long enough? The inside is kinda dense and wet. I test it before and try to remove from oven before it's too dry, so there are some wet crumbs on the knife.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, sometimes I try to mix the cake in the Braun food processor to avoid taking out my Bosch mixer.

These are regular cakes, not with a snow (though that happens to me too!!)

kineret

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:35 am
I would recommend calibrating your oven temperature. You can get an oven thermometer on Amazon for pretty cheap, and then adjust accordingly. Also, make sure you’re closing the oven door gently when you check on the cake. Another thing is to make sure you’re not over-mixing your batter - that can mess with the texture of the cake.

zaq

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:36 am
You are probably baking at too high a temp so the outside is done while the inside is still raw. Dark pans are wonderfully energy-efficient because they absorb more heat than light or bright ones. Lower your oven temp by 25 degrees when using a dark pan. If that works, great. However, ovens vary, and if you're relying on your oven dial and display rather than an oven thermometer, your oven may be hotter than you think. Keep lowering the temp each time you make this recipe until you find the setting that works.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 9:43 am
thanks so much for these tips!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen