Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
20 month old super constipated 😟
Previous  1  2

gold21

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 10:33 pm
A suppository or enema for this time (if the situation is getting desperate)

Miralax going forward

Tons of kids are on miralax

Ask your pharmacist or pediatrician

I believe that it works by drawing fluid into the bowels, which helps soften everything up

Why doesn't she drink a lot? Chocolate milk? Fruit punch? Drink boxes? Get creative.

amother
Canary

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 10:37 pm
Try vitamin water

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 10:40 pm
This may not be a popular opinion but I got my kid back on to bottles.

All the high fiber foods won’t help if she’s not drinking aloooot. Getting her to drink that much was too hard. She’s 28 months now and regular daily with bottles (watered down almond milk) and sucarluse daily (that’s the equivalent of miralax but miralax gave her crazy crazy gas)

amother
Hunter

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 10:41 pm
I'm on kid 3 with terrible chronic constipation so too much experience.
1. If she is already very constipated go for the pedialax fleet enema. Yuck but works and breaks it up so not as painful to get out.
2. The general clean out routine is full cap miralax two days in a row and then third day enema if still stuck.
3. Maintenance is half a cap miralax daily. Dissolve in any drink. Juice is fine . If she goes 3 days without going move onto #2

rowo

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 10:49 pm
Does she like smoothies?
They can be a good way to get extra fruit and even a bit of vegetables in.
And a bit of flax seeds added can be a great way to keep things moving.

My pickiest kid will only have super simple smoothies, like vanilla yoghurt, banana and milk, or the same thing but with frozen mango.
But even to that you can add some flax seeds and it won’t effect the taste.

amother
Petunia

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 10:59 pm
Apple Sauce
tons of diaper rash cream over the diaper area to lubricate helps my kids

jingle

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 11:35 pm
Just had this with my son. I was recomended key e suppositories 2 times a day and flaxeed oil, 2 tablespoons, work up slowly to that amount. It worked bh!

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 11:53 pm
Juice is not good because it often has a lot of potassium so that actually causes constipation. Also a lot of unnecessary sugar.

Prune juice is probably ok or you may need to give her a suppository. She will cry but if it has been a while you may have no choice.

dena613

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 12:44 am
1) If she's in terrible pain and pushing and pushing and it doesn't come out, pedialax suppository is incredible! (Squirt a liquid in)
instant relief.

2) Regarding drinking,
a. try different cups, straws, bottles.
B. Try different drinks- water, juices, drink mixes, even a little soda mixed with water if they're more willing to bring that

4) Regarding fruits, keep trying to offer the three Ps: plums, (prunes/prune juice), pears, peaches
Offer in different ways

5) Miralax powder in liquid drinks a few times a day. It takes a day or two to work its way through.
One of my kids was on miralax for over 6 months every few days. BH eventually didn't need! It's safe longterm.

dena613

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 12:45 am
amother [ Petunia ] wrote:
Apple Sauce and tons of diaper rash cream over the diaper area to lubricate helps my kids
I

Apple sauce is constipating!! Do not advise that

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 12:50 am
When we were dealing with constipation recently, GI advised us to give senna (in concentrated form from pharmacy but they were out of so did tea) we also did miralax, though that’s controversial (as in healthwise).
We also did enemas and suppository to help.

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 1:04 am
I had his recently with my daughter. I bought the book "The Ins and Outs of Poop" and it was really really helpful. We also give our daughter miralax daily.

https://images.app.goo.gl/KBHCBRZgBm1NRcbr5

You can buy it on Amazon.

madame411

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 1:38 am
I took my daughter to a gastroenterologist at about that age and he put her in Miralax. Worked beautifully. Bh.

camp123

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 2:36 am
Give probiotics in powder form first. Just put it in a drink. If that doesn't work try mirelax. For me I tried nearly all of the above nothing worked except pro biotics. But, I think these things depend on the child and the cause of the constipation.
It might also help to give an ennema as a one time thing so you can start a fresh.

amother
Petunia

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 10:11 am
dena613 wrote:
I

Apple sauce is constipating!! Do not advise that

It was my sons first solid bec he was constipated and he went little later
It helps every time
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics