Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Regret moving 1st graders school
Previous  1  2

amother
Yolk

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 9:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why wouldn’t you use covid precautions as a metric. I believe in NY, FL and charedi schools this might be true. But I don’t see them taking the mask off anytime soon if they’ve kept it on this long and hve no indicator of taking it off. especially the schools who won’t force the children to take the vaccine

If your daughter is miserable and asking to go back, obviously the mask wearing didn't bother her too much.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 9:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why wouldn’t you use covid precautions as a metric. I believe in NY, FL and charedi schools this might be true. But I don’t see them taking the mask off anytime soon if they’ve kept it on this long and hve no indicator of taking it off. especially the schools who won’t force the children to take the vaccine

Because the important metrics are the ones that will help your daughter grow and thrive. A mask has very little part in that. Is the consideration for a mask that important that it overrides everything else? You said yourself that despite the mask she grew and thrived so much in the old school. And you said yourself that now she is bedwetting, nail picking, kvetching, complaining and exhausted.

Your daughter is sending all kinds of signals that she is very unhappy with this new setup. Why is the mask wearing overriding everything else? Is your daughter the one that was having difficulty wearing the mask, or was the idea of it just bothering you?

amother
Azalea

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 9:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

As I stated my daughters school doesn’t require it this year but last year they did. It’s a completely different ballgame, this year and last. That’s why I think it’s not a metric. But as an essential hospital worker who has to wear a mask all day, I’m not bothered one way or the other. I’d support the school if they required it, but am ok with that they don’t

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 10:01 pm
Can you pls pm me bc we are so curious which school is so careful now with covid. In NJ area?

amother
Oldlace

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 11:45 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Can you pls pm me bc we are so curious which school is so careful now with covid. In NJ area?

She can't PM you because you posted anonymously.

My kids wore masks in school last year and never had to go on Zoom at all. This year, there was no mask requirement and covid is spreading through the schools class by class after the chaggim. My kids caught it and ended up in quarantine for 10 days. They, and I, would have been much happier if the school had just kept covid precautions and prevented the outbreak to begin with.

Fascinated

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 11:53 pm
There you go. Pls pm if possible
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics