Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Dietician- Dina Cohen

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 9:52 am
Anyone use her and can tell me your experience?

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Jun 12 2020, 12:13 pm
I haven't used her but I know people who have. She is lovely and very good at what she does.

cookiewriter

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 2:29 pm
Very very expensive. But good for eating issues, like binging etc

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 6:22 pm
How expensive is expensive? Does she take any insurances?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 7:38 pm
325 for the first two sessions and I think 150 after that

amother
Outerspace

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 12:25 am
Did anyone here use her recently and know if she takes insurance? I want to use her for a daughter with an eating disorder

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 1:09 am
She is fabulous. Specializes in the intuitive eating method of balanced eating and emotions instead of forced diets, which IMHO is the best thing of all for ED.

(I say this as someone who has struggled with disordered eating for years before finding IE, and has gone to her for myself, my child, and my family and really appreciated her insight and guidance. I also have a sibling with severe ED and often wish they would be mentally well enough to learn such skills from someone like that.)

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 1:59 am
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
Did anyone here use her recently and know if she takes insurance? I want to use her for a daughter with an eating disorder

She definitely does not take insurance.

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 2:02 am
What insurance are you on? There are (a few) other dietitians who do take insurance.

amother
Honey

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 9:30 pm

Hi Amother Outerspace,
I've been thinking about you and hoping you've managed to find someone. I also have a daughter (19 yrs old) with an Ed and I know how challenging it is to find good practitioners and navigate treatment and how expensive it is! In case you haven't managed to find someone, I thought I'd mention Equip. I'm not sure where you live but I just spoke with them and they seem amazing. They have Eating Disorder dietitians, therapists and doctors who all work together and takes insurance. They're supposed to be amazing and I was really impressed with them. Let me know if you want their contact information and/or if you call them and decide to use them.

amother
Outerspace

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 9:57 pm
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
Hi Amother Outerspace,
I've been thinking about you and hoping you've managed to find someone. I also have a daughter (19 yrs old) with an Ed and I know how challenging it is to find good practitioners and navigate treatment and how expensive it is! In case you haven't managed to find someone, I thought I'd mention Equip. I'm not sure where you live but I just spoke with them and they seem amazing. They have Eating Disorder dietitians, therapists and doctors who all work together and takes insurance. They're supposed to be amazing and I was really impressed with them. Let me know if you want their contact information and/or if you call them and decide to use them.

Thank you! I'm in Lakewood, I would be interested in checking them out if they are anywhere near me

amother
Honey

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 10:01 pm
Thank you! I'm in Lakewood, I would be interested in checking them out if they are anywhere near me

Yes! I'm in Lakewood too and that's exactly where I'm using them. They're a virtual program so it works out great but they're only licensed in some states. Their phone number is 855-387-4378. I think they actually have frum people on staff, so if that makes a difference, definitely ask about it.
Please let me know what happens! I've been thinking about you!

amother
Dimgray

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 10:17 pm
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
Yes! I'm in Lakewood too and that's exactly where I'm using them. They're a virtual program so it works out great but they're only licensed in some states. Their phone number is 855-387-4378. I think they actually have frum people on staff, so if that makes a difference, definitely ask about it.
Please let me know what happens! I've been thinking about you!

I don’t think Equip has anyone frum on staff. It does seem like a good program. They take some insurance

amother
Outerspace

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 12:22 am
I looked at their site, seems like they only do fbt. My daughter doesn't want that at all. She will be coming home from residential in a few weeks so I will speak to Dina cohen and see what she has to offer

Thank you

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 12:30 am
I looked at their site, seems like they only do fbt. My daughter doesn't want that at all. She will be coming home from residential in a few weeks so I will speak to Dina cohen and see what she has to offer

Thank you

How old is your daughter

amother
Honey

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 12:33 am

Thank you

Why does your daughter have to agree to do FBT? My daughter is 19 but I don't really give her a choice about treatment. If I gave her a choice about her treatment, she'd probably be in the hospital 50 times over.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries