Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Is there a career path you wish you took?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 9:10 pm
Is there a career path you wish you took and why? Based on that, what may be your recommendation to a young woman deciding what career to pursue?

amother
Moonstone

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:57 pm
My advice is that your not married to a career or job. She can start what she thinks she wants to do and if that changes down the line. It's okay. Career change is okay. Don't make her think it's a one time choice and she's stuck for life.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 12:45 am
"If you work at something you love, you will never work a day in your life".

You and your daughter should research the different career paths available to her, perhaps meeting with a career coach to help her figure out what would work best for her.

naomi2

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 5:07 pm
amother [ Moonstone ] wrote:
My advice is that your not married to a career or job. She can start what she thinks she wants to do and if that changes down the line. It's okay. Career change is okay. Don't make her think it's a one time choice and she's stuck for life.

Yeah but once you have kids it takes a herculean effort to go back to school plus the added expense of maybe supporting a husband and child/ children on one or no income while you pay another college tuition can make it very difficult to change careers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics