Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Poshmark newbie- the saga continues

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 4:48 pm
Hi, I just posted some ladies' evening wear on Poshmark for the first time. I got an instant response offering me extra money to hold it for them, and they will pay me with cashier check.

This is one of the messages I received:
Thanks for getting back to me. I don’t mind adding extra $50 for you to hold this dress for me. Am going to pay you with a Certified Check or Cashier Check due to my work frame. As soon as you receive the payment and Cash it, have your money in hand. Get back to me with your Full name, Address and your total asking amount and hope the dress is in good condition.. God Bless You

I think I should respond, "Sorry, I can only handle payment through the Poshmark platform." But would love to hear what others think.

Last edited by Amelia Bedelia on Thu, Nov 04 2021, 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total

realsilver

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 4:51 pm
I would vote that its a scam! Better safe than sorry in these situations.

Tiredmom7

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 4:51 pm
I never shopped Poshmark but I agree 100 percent that should be your answer. Sounds scammy to me

watergirl

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 4:52 pm
I have shopped with poskmark before. This is a scam. Report the user.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 4:52 pm
I'm not familiar with Poshmark. What I do know is that scams sometimes happen where people are tempted away from the main platform. Be careful...

watergirl

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 4:55 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I'm not familiar with Poshmark. What I do know is that scams sometimes happen where people are tempted away from the main platform. Be careful...

This too. Only accept payment through poshmark. You can also get kicked off if you are caught accepting private payment because they (poshmark) want their cut.

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 4:55 pm
This is a known scam.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 5:30 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
This is a known scam.

This. I think every new seller gets this when they start. I used to get it in the beginning, I don't anymore.

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 5:36 pm
Scam scam scam. I poshmark all the time. You get paid through poshmark.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 7:19 pm
nope. bad.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 9:41 pm
Made my first sale! Legitimately, of course

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 3:48 am
I have coordinated buying off of Poshmark with sellers and using paypal - but the language in that text sounds super scammy.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 10:23 pm
Ok, now I'm really confused. Not sure what's going on. The first item sold just a few hours after I posted. I generated a prepaid shipping label. I wanted to print it today but noticed that the sale was canceled- without informing me. I thought that was strange, because if I would have shipped it already, the buyer would have received a free item, and I would have never gotten paid. (I guess I need to wait 24 hours in case the buyer cancels and to confirm that the money was received.) It was only about a half hour ago that I noticed that actually, ALL MY LISTINGS WERE REMOVED! Have I been banned from Poshmark without any explanation? Has anyone experienced this? Of course I emailed Poshmark for clarification, but gotta wait for a response.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 12:09 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Ok, now I'm really confused. Not sure what's going on. The first item sold just a few hours after I posted. I generated a prepaid shipping label. I wanted to print it today but noticed that the sale was canceled- without informing me. I thought that was strange, because if I would have shipped it already, the buyer would have received a free item, and I would have never gotten paid. (I guess I need to wait 24 hours in case the buyer cancels and to confirm that the money was received.) It was only about a half hour ago that I noticed that actually, ALL MY LISTINGS WERE REMOVED! Have I been banned from Poshmark without any explanation? Has anyone experienced this? Of course I emailed Poshmark for clarification, but gotta wait for a response.

Once you ship they can no longer cancel, which is why it’s really important to update it as shipped as soon as you send it out (even before tracking goes into system)

Yes, it sounds like they flagged your account. You have to speak to them to have them reinstate it. This happened to me after I posted an expense designer item that they suspected was fake, they hid all my listings. Once you speak to them they will just put all the listings back, you won’t have to start from scratch (at least that’s what happened in my case)

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 3:21 am
Maybe someone flagged you for not wanting to go off poshmark - they were upset and wrongfully flagged you. Can you message the person who wanted to buy and let her know you are sorry and it will hopefully be back soon?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 4:40 am
I actually shipped a $300 item and a little later it was cancelled. Poshmark right away reimbursed me.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 6:37 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Maybe someone flagged you for not wanting to go off poshmark - they were upset and wrongfully flagged you. Can you message the person who wanted to buy and let her know you are sorry and it will hopefully be back soon?

Couldn't figure out how to message other people. Can you explain? I actually wanted to message someone who made an offer with a counteroffer, since the other order was canceled, and that's what made me realize that all my listings were gone.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 9:22 am
October 25, 2021, Amelia:
Hi! I am so confused. What is going on with my account? Have I been banned? I've heard so much about Poshmark but have only set up an account yesterday. I posted three evening wear dresses, and amazingly, one sold just a few hours later. I generated a shipping label immediately, but when I wanted to print it today so that I could ship the dress to the buyer, I noticed that the order was canceled- but without notifying me, the seller. However, I noticed only now that not just that, BUT ALL MY LISTINGS WERE REMOVED??? Without any explanation? Please clarify. I'm a legit seller, followed the rules, I'm really not sure why this would happen. I'd appreciate if someone could call me with an explanation, since I don't think email would do justice for a clear explanation.

October 29, 2021, Amelia:
Fourth day, fourth email, no response.
You say you pride yourselves on customer service- see attachment. Failing to respond to messages and banning customers without an explanation is a true contradiction.

Resending the message:

What an unwelcoming! I can't believe this is how new customers get treated. Like I mentioned in my previous messages, I am new to Poshmark but listed a few items and even managed to sell one! However, luckily I checked my account before shipping out the item, and noticed it was canceled. It was only when I happened to notice a bit later that all my listings were removed, that I started wondering if it was actually the buyer who canceled, or was it automatically canceled when I was banned???

And even if you felt that I violated your terms (heavens, how???), I would have expected a warning before that was done. As soon as I listed the items, I got several messages from potential "buyers," asking me to private message them off the platform for more photos and then saying things like: Thanks for getting back to me. I don’t mind adding extra $50 for you to hold this dress for me. Am going to pay you with a Certified Check or Cashier Check due to my work frame. As soon as you receive the payment and Cash it, have your money in hand. Get back to me with your Full name, Address and your total asking amount and hope the dress is in good condition.. God Bless You
Being the ethical person that I am, I responded: I'm sorry, but I can only accept payment on the Poshmark platform. Is that why I get banned??? Perhaps your Poshmark users who unethically try to scam other users should be the ones banned.

I expect my account with all its listing to be fully reinstated, and for you to contact the buyer to rearrange the purchase. I even had a potential buyer with a lower offer that I would have accepted otherwise. All is lost now.

October 31st, Poshmark:
Hi Amelia,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the inconvenience. Our system has picked up unusual activity linked to your current account. It is currently under investigation and will remain suspended until our investigation is completed. In the meantime, we ask that you please go through ID verification within the app to assist with this investigation.

To complete Identity Verification within the Poshmark app, please:
1. Select 'Account Tab' (@username).
2. Select 'Poshmark Support Center.'
3. Select 'Manage Account Status.'
4. Select 'Identity Verification.'
5. Complete Identity Verification via the prompts in the app.

Thank you for understanding.

Best,
Celine

Thanks for reaching out. We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service.

How helpful was the Poshmark support agent's response?

October 31st, Amelia:
That's ridiculous! One day in and my account was flagged?
Please read all my later messages and you'll see what actually happened. Why don't you ban those buyers who asked me to sell them the items by them giving me a cashier check, instead of banning innocent, new Poshmark users?

November 4th, Poshmark:
Thank you for your email. This is a standard procedure for users that have triggered our internal alert system. However, after a manual review we have removed the hold from your account so you may resume purchasing. Please note that we may need to request verification again in the future. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Best,
Celine

Thanks for reaching out. We'd love to hear what you think of our customer service.

How helpful was the Poshmark support agent's response?

November 4th, Amelia:
I contacted customer support regarding my banned account too many times within the last eleven days. Finally, finally, my account was reinstated and my listings returned. However, my sale shows as sold although it was canceled. Am I supposed to ship the item? Since it still shows as canceled, I won't get payment for it, yet no one else can purchase it since it shows that it was sold. And I don't even see a way for me to contact that buyer.

I am really disgusted with this whole saga and don't think I'll be using Poshmark much.

You FAQ's claim that responses are generally received within two business days. Why, then, did I only get my response, and my account reinstated, after eleven (!!!!!) days- especially since it should have never been suspended in the first place!
If protocol dictates that account verification needs to be completed when first setting up an account, then no listings should be allowed until then- and it should take no more than 24 hours to complete verification!

This is unacceptable!

So ladies, think it will take another 11 days until this entire thing is resolved, including an explanation and apology from Poshmark?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 5:03 pm
Unbelievably, they actually answered today, saying that I will need to relist the item

cnc

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 5:20 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Unbelievably, they actually answered today, saying that I will need to relist the item

Glad to hear that you got a response!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics