Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What should boys age 3-7 where to a wedding?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 4:05 am
What should boys age 3-7 wear to. Wedding? I don’t love a suit at this age and don’t want to have them wear regular Shabbos

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 4:52 am
A suit. But a funky suit. Like one color pants and a different color jacket. Or for the winter now, a very nice black velvet suit. For sure for a 7-year-old. A 3-year-old, can go either way.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 5:15 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
A suit. But a funky suit. Like one color pants and a different color jacket. Or for the winter now, a very nice black velvet suit. For sure for a 7-year-old. A 3-year-old, can go either way.

It’s for winter. My boys are very thin, having a hard time finding a suit that looks decent

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 5:29 am
My 4 year old son wore a very nice sweater and regular long pants.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 5:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s for winter. My boys are very thin, having a hard time finding a suit that looks decent

It doesn’t need to be a suit that comes as a set. I saw lots of very nice plaid pants and all types of blazers, perfect for young kids. For the 3 year old, you can do knee length shorts with a blazer.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 5:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My kids are also very thin. I bought separates for one wedding, like a cute blazer with a pair of pants. Another wedding, I found the jacket that worked, and I swapped out the pants for skinny pants.
I have also taken in pants and jackets for you

SuperWify

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 5:49 am
Try the Appaman suit jacket. Pair with a soft knit pants so it doesn’t look so “suity”. You can even do a different color pants.

EPL

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 5:57 am
There are g'machs just for this. They generally have a vest, pants, and bow tie for the little boys, and a suit for a 7 year old, in the same color. Where do you live? If you live in Brooklyn, Monsey, or Lakewood, you shouldn't have a problem.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 6:03 am
All these posts sound so cute but my boys these ages would never wear blazers. Of it were me, I'd go with a cool sweater and plaid pants, or maybe dressy vest over button down.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 6:10 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
All these posts sound so cute but my boys these ages would never wear blazers. Of it were me, I'd go with a cool sweater and plaid pants, or maybe dressy vest over button down.

There are many cute sweater fabric blazers. A blazer doesn't mean a proper suit jacket.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 6:12 am
Any links?

zaq

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 9:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
don’t want to have them wear regular Shabbos

Why not? If it's for a close family member's wedding, buy them something new and let them wear it for Shabbos afterwards.

mha3484

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 9:45 am
My 7 year old who is very tall and skinny has a suit for shabbos and feels like a million bucks. Its very cute on him. Its isaac mizrachi from Amazon.

dankbar

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 9:55 am
There are boy wedding gemachs in Flatbush. Boy wedding rental in Wmsbg.
For younger boys up to 5 a suspender velvet short pants can be worn. No blazer. They also sell them in local stores.
Petit clair has more cutesy wedding suits for younger kids.
They did white in summer & people use for wedding even in winter. For winter sometimes the white jacket is paired with black knickers

dankbar

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 9:57 am
zaq wrote:
Why not? If it's for a close family member's wedding, buy them something new and let them wear it for Shabbos afterwards.

She meant to say she wants something more dressy for wedding instead of a sweater

dankbar

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 10:02 am
You can get the same blazer & 7 yr old can wear long pants to it & 3 yr old can wear short pants to it.

The fashion is some more youngish type of blazers like brown wool plaids, brown velvet. Cream Ribbed tops or turtlenecks. For the younger one you can do coordinating brown plaid pants with brown or cream ribbed top or cardigan.

Check out lulukids.com

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 6:39 pm
I'm in the same boat here! Found a cute jacket, now I need to find a shirt and pants.

SuperWify wrote:
Try the Appaman suit jacket. Pair with a soft knit pants so it doesn’t look so “suity”. You can even do a different color pants.

Where can I find soft knit pants?
I don't want leggings, too casual, but can't seem to find close fitting pants in a soft material.

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 6:53 pm
A vested suit for both
https://www.childrensalonoutle.....D_BwE

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 7:37 pm
Not sure where you are located. I did well in monsey in prince and princess and in F&F. Lulu is online and has very cute blazers.

https://lulukidsclothing.com/c.....-jkt8

Shirtstop has some online too.

https://www.shirtstop.us/boys......l?p=2

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 9:08 pm
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
I'm in the same boat here! Found a cute jacket, now I need to find a shirt and pants.

Where can I find soft knit pants?
I don't want leggings, too casual, but can't seem to find close fitting pants in a soft material.

Maybe try the lil legs pants, they came in a few different colors
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics