Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Dr Rebarber mfm group

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 24 2021, 11:19 pm
I was referred to his practice for a high risk pregnancy.
But I hate the idea of a group. I can never choose doctors to see and can’t ever know whom I’ll have by delivery.
What was your experience at their practice?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 1:32 pm
Bump
Anyone used them recently?

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 1:33 pm
Its a factory. There are a lot of doctors and new ones showing up every day. But for high risk there is no one like them.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 1:35 pm
I’m using them now and it is a little annoying that they have so many drs, but I try to make appointments with a diff dr each time so iyh by delivery I’ll at least have met the dr. Really happy with the practice in general and feel like they are on top of things

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 1:37 pm
Thank you. That was helpful. So I guess for high risk I was recommended to the right place. Are all doctors in the group high risk?

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 1:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you. That was helpful. So I guess for high risk I was recommended to the right place. Are all doctors in the group high risk?

Technically some are MFMs and some are regular OB. But they all have the skills and honestly if its really complicated they will send you to the MFM only.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 1:40 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
Technically some are MFMs and some are regular OB. But they all have the skills and honestly if its really complicated they will send you to the MFM only.

Ok thanks

amother
Kiwi

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 1:42 pm
I used them years ago and had a great experience.

dankbar

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 1:50 pm
Years ago was different than now. Now there are about 15-20 drs. They have meetings with all doctors to discuss all patients issues so that they all be familiar & consult with the MFMs and decide on protocol. The way they work now is most doctors are only allowed for prenatal chevk ups & the old timer professional doctors are mostly on the floor doing deliveries so it's hard to get in office appts with them.
Dr Rubarba, Fox, Bender are all doing the deliveries. People schedule Bender for csections. For high risk I think they are the most competent group.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 7:04 pm
Thank you all. Very helpful.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 7:57 pm
I used the practice a few years ago. The pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, so I can't comment on delivery, but overall I was happy with the practice. They are all very professional, and treat the patients respectfully and kindly. It is a large group but they do collaborate with each other and are all on the same page.

When I got pregnant again after that, I could not go back to them because they stopped taking my insurance. I was instead referred to Dr. Joanne Stone. She is the director of maternal fetal medicine at MT sinai. She runs her practice a little different-it is a team of MFM's, but you have to choose one doctor to be yours. You will see that doctor at every appointment, besides for the rare occasion when your doctor cannot be there (only happened twice). However for delivery you can have any of the MFM's from the team, depending on who is on call then. I personally liked the setup better, because I had a real relationship.with one doctor throughout the pregnancy. Also my birth was super fast so I didn't spend too much time in l&d anyway

I'm using Dr Stone again now for another pregnancy and very happy

I've come to realize that there's no perfect setup. It's basically impossible to find one doctor who will see you at every single appointment and guarantee to be by delivery. You have to weigh the pros and cons of both and see which one you feel more comfortable with

Best of luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries