Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Special ed/ADHD school rbs

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 9:25 am
Considering Aliya to rbs. My ds is Currently in pre 1a with a shadow due to behavior issues. He has ADHD and, yes he's on medication. But even with that he needs a lot of redirection and had serious impulse control issues. Navigating his schooling here has been quite a challenge with a lot of trial and error, frustration and ups and downs. Academically he's behind but I don't think he has a learning disability, he has such a hard time focusing and paying attention. It's hard enough figuring out his needs and getting him help here. My big concern with Aliya is being able to find the right school and support he needs.
Does anyone have experience or know what services/ special ed or other support is available in chareidi school systems. Particularly in Ramat beit shemesh. Are there special schools? In school support? Do I have to fight for services. He probably would be in first grade.
Any info would be appreciated

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 10:08 am
Special ed is for special needs. The special ed for kids with issues schools here are run terribly with tons of bullying and issues and only care about babysitting your child.

I suggest you mainstream him and get lots of therapy like horseback and play therapy etc.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 12:14 pm
Can he get in class support in a mainstream class. Does that exists in chareidi schools. Is it very difficult to get. He has a very hard time functioning in a regular class with 20+ kids. And that's in preschool where there's less demand on kids

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 1:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can he get in class support in a mainstream class. Does that exists in chareidi schools. Is it very difficult to get. He has a very hard time functioning in a regular class with 20+ kids. And that's in preschool where there's less demand on kids

No. It doesn’t.

Maybe in Netzach Yisroel which is chareidi mamlachti.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions