Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Amana High School in Israel and Naale Elite

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 4:41 pm
Any experience with this organization or Amana High school in Israel?

My DD is interested but it's boarding school in Israel and we live in the states with no relative in Israel.

She can't bare the thought of going to our local girls high school. Her older sister is there now and for DD, doesn't seem like it is going to be a great fit.

We don't have other options though except local school, going away for high school in the states or this. As a family we are interested in making aliyah but not prepared quite yet and by the time we are, she will be in high school already for 2 yrs.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 5:16 pm
These are not shomer shabbos programs if that is a concern for you.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 5:25 pm
Amana is shomer shabbos. Please don't spread false info.

nylon

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 7:26 pm
There are multiple schools that host Naale programs. Amana is a dati-leumi ulpana. I've heard different things about Amana specifically over the years, so I'd try to find someone who was there recently.

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:50 pm
I have a friend whose daughter just started at Amana and is so far very happy.

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Apr 04 2022, 5:01 am
Anyone have any more information on this school?
My daughter is very bright academically but doesn't fit in the box. We are american. Modern orthodox.
How can I find out more information?

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, Apr 04 2022, 6:16 am
How bright is she? I see they have a program in טליה in Jerusalem as well, which is a school for gifted students and it's connected to Machon Tal which is definitely frum. Even more like Chardal than DL. I have met some teachers from the program in a professional setting (from the boys branch in Shaalvim which is also definitely frum! ) and it sounds like an amazing program! I know the girls ulpena in Shaalvim hosted the program as well. I wish someone would have suggested it to me when I was miserable in my OOT high school!
If you scroll to the bottom of this page there is an email and phone number to contact for info
https://www.kidum-edu.org.il/naale/

Also got to this page which I think is the official website: https://naale-elite-academy.com/

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Apr 04 2022, 5:40 pm
amother [ DarkPurple ] wrote:
How bright is she? I see they have a program in טליה in Jerusalem as well, which is a school for gifted students and it's connected to Machon Tal which is definitely frum. Even more like Chardal than DL. I have met some teachers from the program in a professional setting (from the boys branch in Shaalvim which is also definitely frum! ) and it sounds like an amazing program! I know the girls ulpena in Shaalvim hosted the program as well. I wish someone would have suggested it to me when I was miserable in my OOT high school!
If you scroll to the bottom of this page there is an email and phone number to contact for info
https://www.kidum-edu.org.il/naale/

Also got to this page which I think is the official website: https://naale-elite-academy.com/

Academically she is very smart. She has adhd and is socially behind her peers. That being said, she does things adults can't do. She has tons of spirit and very reliable. She is always asked when she volunteers to come back again. They specifically ask for her. She calls the other girls sheep. I think she is suffering so much because she doesn't fit the mold. She is interesting, adventurous and can handle herself in all kinds of situations.
She joins and tries out for all sorts of clubs. But, that being said, her inability to read social cues makes life awful.
I cringe thinking she has 3 more years of this.
While she is very bright, im not sure I would call her gifted. Her IQ score is very high but its because two areas she is exceptional in.
I just want her to see that there is a whole world out there of all sorts of people. Her confidence and self esteem are down the drain right now. I have seen her shine when she is in the right situation.
She really is an amazing girl. I could never see my daughter just below her going.
I could really see her stepping up in a school that she feels accepted.
Of course I want her home but I see how much she is suffering.

Thank you so much for the information!
I will be looking into it.
Do you think she is still a good fit despite her adhd and some emotional immaturity?

sarab613

Post Mon, Apr 04 2022, 6:18 pm
We considered sending our daughter recently (2 years ago).
We ended up moving to Israel and so she did not have to board in the end.

Amana is a great school and their naaleh division is wonderful.
They really care about their students and take especially good care of the naaleh girls who live in the dorm.
We went for an interview with Harav Yaakov (principle) and Mrs. Ruti Bines (not sure what her title is)
They are warm, real, and open minded.
They have fun trips and afternoon programs to keep the naaleh girls stimulated.
The school is Dati Leumi. They are definitely Frum. (Right wing Modern orthodox)
I have Ruti Bineses number, feel free to pm me. She is honest and open and can give you more information.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics