Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
What to do if you literally have no time to make suppers?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 10:07 am
I recently put together a 4 week menu and I find it makes everything much easier.
I know what to buy so I have ingredients in the house and I don’t have to think about what to make.
Most of the suppers on it are quick and easy.

scruffy

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 6:07 pm
DVOM wrote:
It's really yummy!!

I don't do measurements when I cook, so this is an estimate:

Prep the meat mixture:

package chop meat
1 butternut squash, cubed
1 carton baby Bella mushrooms
1 big Spanish onion

In food processor, grind up the veg into tiny diced bits.

Mix with meat and a few eggs.

Add salt, garlic powder, onion powder.

Prep the sauce:

Saute a big Spanish onion or 2
Add: 3 c ketchup, 4 c water, splash lemon juice.
Boil it up

Scoop off a spoonful meat mix, shape into ball, drop into boiling sauce. Repeat until there'sno more meat mix left.

Lower the heat and let it simmer for about an hour.

Serve with spaghetti or spaghetti squash

B'tayavon!

Looks yummy, planning to try! Thank you!

KJP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 6:55 pm
Going to second Dinner Done, it has some amazing 9x13 recipes that take seconds to prepare. My only issue usually is the lengthy cook time.

One of my favorite go to dinners is baked shnitzel- dump shnitzel in mayo, then coat in bread crumbs and bake. Another one is cooking ground beef in a pot (works with chicken too), throwing on a store bought sauce, and serving with rice.

For milchigs, I love using Dinner Done's method and cooking pasta in a Betty Crocker, then dumping sauce and cheese on top. Makes for an easier cleanup too. Or baked ziti/ lasagna (especially a no boiling the noodles before recipe) are amazing on days I have 5 minutes to prep dinner.

Mom/Bubby/Morah

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 7:48 pm
Some of the things that saved me were
1) Taco night -brown ground beef -takes ten minutes . Serve with bowls of peppers . Halved grape tomatoes and shredded lettuce. Two or three kinds of bottled dressing and salsa
2) Tuna in pita night - same as above but with a bowl of tuna instead
3)Soup supper - make a very heart meaty soup in a crock pot put up in the morning . Serve with crusty rolls or flatbreads
4) Put up a frozen 9x13 of chicken bottoms on time bake and leave in the oven when you go to work. Have the oven go on 1 1/2 hours before you get home.
5) Crock pot chicken - prep the night before and plug it in the morning . Chicken bottoms , diced onion (use frozen) mini potatoes, baby carrots ,chunks of zucchini . Dump on a jar of spaghetti sauce . Come home to a yummy supper.
6) Sheet pan recipes . Chicken cutlets with any veggies baked at 450. Done really quick
7) Flash frozen meatballs . Prepare as many meatballs as you have time for and freeze them on a cookie sheet . Store them in a ziploc bag or plastic container . Drop them in to simmering (jarred) sauce and they are done really quickly . You can even cook angel hair pasta directly in the same pot .
8) “TV” dinners that I made myself from Shabbos leftovers or from fresh food that I cooked a few extra portions . Chicken, sliced meat , farfel, rice , couscous , kugel all freeze well. Put some frozen uncooked veggies directly in the pan or add when you warm it . Label it for contents .Warm covered on 400 for about half an hour .
9) Omelet night or breakfast for supper . Bagels, cream cheese cut up veggies with omelets made to order . Now even faster with the Betty Crocker.
Good luck !
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen