Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Food stamps NJ
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:00 pm
If a family is eligible for food stamps then how much would a family of two parents and seven children get per month? Trying to think if it's worth the hassle

amother
SandyBrown

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If a family is eligible for food stamps then how much would a family of two parents and seven children get per month? Trying to think if it's worth the hassle

Depends on income.
My neighbor with 9 kids, 2 parents gets $1800/month.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:12 pm
I don’t know the monthly number but I do know that my sil with 7 kids has more money on her snap card than she knows what to do with. Like in the $10k range. It’s insane!!

While they are throwing money at snap... Instead of increasing the amount the ppl get they should have lowered the income allowance so more ppl could benefit

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:18 pm
amother [ SandyBrown ] wrote:
Depends on income.
My neighbor with 9 kids, 2 parents gets $1800/month.

That’s insane!!!!
My husband makes $400k plus a year and I spend $1200 a month on food- I’m not even cheap on what I buy!

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Your looking at about 1500$ or more..
Hassle? If you qualify than go for it.

amother
Carnation

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:25 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I don’t know the monthly number but I do know that my sil with 7 kids has more money on her snap card than she knows what to do with. Like in the $10k range. It’s insane!!

While they are throwing money at snap... Instead of increasing the amount the ppl get they should have lowered the income allowance so more ppl could benefit

Totally agree!!!!!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:30 pm
amother [ Thistle ] wrote:
That’s insane!!!!
My husband makes $400k plus a year and I spend $1200 a month on food- I’m not even cheap on what I buy!

Do you have nine kids?

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 8:38 pm
I just applied but I see it says you can’t have more then around 2700 in your bank account . Is that legit? I can’t imagine everyone on it actually has that little in their accounts. I put in my actual numbers just now I’m confused lol

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 8:54 pm
amother Begonia wrote:
I just applied but I see it says you can’t have more then around 2700 in your bank account . Is that legit? I can’t imagine everyone on it actually has that little in their accounts. I put in my actual numbers just now I’m confused lol

Yeah we didnt qualify because though we arent earning much money we have savings Baruch Hashem. Left me wondering how so so many are on snap. Do you really only have 2k to their name

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 8:55 pm
Do people not write how much they have? I thought that they ask for bank statements

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:00 pm
would love to apply! I'm confused though. what does 185 percent of poverty limit mean? Family of six. how much is the maximum income? did the qualifications change recently? I got a notice from WIC that I may be eligible..can anyone fill me in please on what the actual income limits are?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:06 pm
amother Begonia wrote:

I guess you're lucky that you can imagine such things. My bank account is negative$40 right now...

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:08 pm
if my kids are on jersey care does it automatically qualify me somewhat? (it did for WIC, hence the question)

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:12 pm
The limits go up every year in October . Doesn't help if our kids are on Jersey Care. What helps is if u make below the income limit

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:13 pm
Sorry to hear that. I know there are people who have negative in their accounts but I mean to say that it’s hard to believe everyone on it has 0 in their accounts

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:15 pm
whats the limit now for a family of 6? and say it falls over that limit, do high basic expenses play a factor at all?

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:19 pm
amother Begonia wrote:

Would anyone know if $2700 is max for savings account, rather than checking account? I mean, if I have $ in checking just to cover this month’s rent and nothing else, that would need to be over $3,000.
Asking because I’m applying now. Thanks

ETA-also, sometimes I have that amount in my account, only because I took a loan to cover some expenses. I need to pay it back, it isn’t income. How do they differentiate?

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:26 pm
Online it says they don't check assets anymore. Apply and see what happens. Doesn't hurt. Yes they do take into consideration rent childcare utilities etc but only if u make under brackets that will determine the amount u receive

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:27 pm
I just applied and didn’t have to supply bank statements.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Nov 22 2022, 9:46 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
if my kids are on jersey care does it automatically qualify me somewhat? (it did for WIC, hence the question)

I got jerseycare for my baby and then was told we don’t qualify for wic…how come everyone says if ur on jersey are u automatically get wic?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics