Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
BARIATRIC SURGERY INFO
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:11 pm
amother [ Charcoal ] wrote:
I’d like to hear from those of you post surgery 7 years or more. Everybody I know starts regaining after 5 years.

Yup. 8 years post surgery, lost almost 100 pounds and regained over 50 pounds. Still gaining. Not sure what to do about it. Feeling sad as I worked really hard and it didnt work for me in the long run Crying

mom of many kih

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:27 pm
Lots of pple I know post 5 yrs have regained half of their body weight. Only way I hear to keep off is if you starve urself and work out immensely. A friend if mine told me shes post sleeve and now goes to a nutritionist....

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:33 pm
amother [ DarkViolet ] wrote:
I’ll try to answer in order…
I had my surgery 3 years ago, I did the gastric bypass, not the sleeve.

- I used Dr. Sadek’s group and highly recommend
- I don’t remember the exact process, I think you need to speak to a nutritionist and a psychiatrist
-took three months to get approval
-I was on a 2 week liquid diet before the surgery….not gonna lie, it was hard! I had a small complication during my surgery (very rare) so I wasn’t able to eat for 3 days after and I needed to stay in the hospital. When I came home I was on liquid for a week and then purées etc.
-I would say about 3-5 days post op you can go back to work. Maybe a week.
-I lost 100lbs
-no regrets at all. One of the best things I’ve ever done for myself.
-I was in my high 20’s when I did it.
-it affected my fertility for the positive. I just had my first child post op. Conceived naturally and smoothed pregnancy and birth BH. In the past I needed help getting pregnant and had really complicated pregnancy.
-I gained 15 lbs in the three years since surgery. BH I’ve maintained that though I’m still trying to lose but it has slowed down.
-you do need to be careful afterwards. It’s not a quick fix, it’s a great tool if used right. A million percent see a nutritionist after.
Good luck!

Curious why did u do the bypass over the sleeve. I'm scheduled for the sleeve with doctor sadek the end of Dec iyh.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:54 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Exactly what everyone should be doing as part of their research. I gave my doctor recommendation above based on myself and 4 other patients I know who went there. I sent my coworker there 6 years ago and she's also maintained more than 100% of her excess weight loss.

thanks appreciate your response, pits me a bit at ease

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:56 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Yup. 8 years post surgery, lost almost 100 pounds and regained over 50 pounds. Still gaining. Not sure what to do about it. Feeling sad as I worked really hard and it didnt work for me in the long run Crying

can you share what stage of life your in? still having babies?
would you say you are careful with what you eat?
just trying to use this info for myself.
im still young, and want to have more kids, and would not want to gain it all back from each pregnancy...

nicole81

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 10:03 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
He does a different procedure then others?
Whether there are complications post op or even down the line might depend on expertise. But how does long term prognosis depend on the doctor?

Unlike most doctors, he doesn't use a standard bougie size. He makes a decision when he gets inside based on your particular anatomy and weight loss needs, and his experience allows him to make the best call for each patient. And in general, larger bougie=larger stomach but smaller bougie=greater risk of staple complications and stricture. So a doctor with great surgical expertise can use a smaller bougie, resulting in greater weight loss, without a major complication risk, whereas many surgeons use a standard size that seeks to balance the risk of complication and stomach size.

And yes, he does different procedures, too. He's piloted bariatric procedures. In general, he's at the cutting edge of his field with a very high level of expertise. I can't believe that it's just random that everyone I know who went through his has been successful, whereas everyone I know who didn't use him, except for one person, has regained.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 10:05 pm
amother [ Dustypink ] wrote:
Hi! I did the sleeve it a little over a year ago.
Went to Mexico. Had very good experience there. .

Are you sure you still have both your kidneys?

nicole81

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 10:07 pm
mom of many kih wrote:
Lots of pple I know post 5 yrs have regained half of their body weight. Only way I hear to keep off is if you starve urself and work out immensely. A friend if mine told me shes post sleeve and now goes to a nutritionist....

Try not to spread rumors, thanks. If you have a personal experience with the surgery, then by all means share.

amother
Wallflower

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:46 pm
Rechama Jaffa from D__RAMA recently wrote about her experiences with surgery in Mishpacha and got a lot of questions so she's doing a live to address her experience tonight. (https://mishpacha.com/off-the-rack-chapter-3/)

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:48 pm
theres a bariatric surgery womens whatsapp group with loads of vital info from ppl that have BTDT

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 3:03 pm
Anyone have any long term experience and data on Dr Sadek? Seems very popular but only found people who are max 3 years post op

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 3:10 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
theres a bariatric surgery womens whatsapp group with loads of vital info from ppl that have BTDT

How can I get onto it?

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 4:12 pm
I have a few family members that used Dr Roslin and had great experiences.

They’re all keeping the weight off and had no complications.

Two other family members that used a different doctor keep on having issues.

Yes. There’s lots of overweight folks in our family!

Good luck!

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 4:31 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:

How do I join the whats app chat?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 9:06 pm
another question I came u with:
do you have loads of extra skin after losing weight? is there something to do for that?

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 9:46 pm
Fox who do you recommend in Chicago? Thanks everyone for the info!

amother
Acacia

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 10:15 pm
I know a few people that I know that used Dr Jacobs they are doing great all of them lost over 100 lb and keeping it off

amother
Mintcream

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 8:36 pm
Anyone know pple who were able to keep it off after pregnancy?

nicole81

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
another question I came u with:
do you have loads of extra skin after losing weight? is there something to do for that?

Yeah I have some. Some people have it easier or worse than others; skin elasticity is largely genetic. You can let it be or get removal surgery. Working out and building muscles will help fill out the skin, but it's not going to make most of it disappear.

nicole81

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:52 am
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
Anyone know pple who were able to keep it off after pregnancy?

Me, 2 pregnancies post sleeve.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise