Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
My 28 Day Weight Loss Journey
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 10:12 pm
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:
Phase 3 is to unleash your metabolism.

I find that being sunday on phase 1 means you eating less then phase 3.
It's me and many of my relatives who work the phases this way.
If the other way around works with you then keep going...

I'm still not getting why you eat less on Sunday if you are on phase one. And even if you do, why is that a problem, as long as you stick to the rules?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 10:13 pm
Can someone please post a menu for phase 2? I'm intimidated by all the protien Confused

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 10:23 pm
We did this diet a few years ago. Phase 2 was the hardest! We made a lot of jerky, grilled cutlets and nitrate free deli. There were some recipes in the book- we made the cabbage something soup for dinner.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 10:31 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
We did this diet a few years ago. Phase 2 was the hardest! We made a lot of jerky, grilled cutlets and nitrate free deli. There were some recipes in the book- we made the cabbage something soup for dinner.

How did you do?? Did you see a major change in your metabolism?

msinalaw

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 10:52 pm
Hi
Do you have to drink the powder shakes as part of the diet??

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 10:53 pm
Some suggestions for protein on phase two:
Smoked lox
Tuna in water
Sardines
Turkey deli
Flounder
London broil

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 11:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How did you do?? Did you see a major change in your metabolism?

I didn't lose weight and the strangest thing happened-I lost inches off my waist but gained them in my hips What
I overall thinned out and people noticed I lost inches not sure what happened with the weight. My husbad lost about 20lbs and my parents and siblings did it too- they all lost between 8-20 lbs I think.

I also was able to stay off sugar after being off for so long (until pesach came and that threw me off totally) so that helped with feeling good but don't remember much more.

Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 26 2021, 11:53 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Some suggestions for protein on phase two:
Smoked lox
Tuna in water
Sardines
Turkey deli
Flounder
London broil

What do you eat for breakfast?

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 12:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do you eat for breakfast?

I ate a egg whites omelette made with spinach and mushrooms. It actually kept me full.
Snack lox
Lunch tuna and salad
Second snack turkey
Supper I made steak and broccoli stir fry

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 12:13 am
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
I ate a egg whites omelette made with spinach and mushrooms. It actually kept me full.
Snack lox
Lunch tuna and salad
Second snack turkey
Supper I made steak and broccoli stir fry

Yum. Sounds delish.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:55 am
Does anyone know if liquid egg whites is ok?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:55 am
Im starting to think about Shabbos.
Can someone please post their Shabbos menu on phase 3?
TIA!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 2:48 pm
Not sure 100 percent that this is diet related, but I have been feeling very sluggish. I've needed a nap each day so far...and I don't usually nap during the week. Especially today, I'm just dragging myslef around.
Anyone else have this?

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 3:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not sure 100 perce that this is diet related, but I have been feeling very sluggish. I've needed a nap each day so far...and I don't usually nap during the week. Especially today, I'm just dragging myslef around.
Anyone else have this?

Makes sense, since your cutting out food groups and every two days it’s something else.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 7:00 pm
I need chizzuk to stay on this diet.
I'm feeling tired and down, and just want to lie in bed.
Hope this is temporary ...

amother
Stone

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 7:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need chizzuk to stay on this diet.
I'm feeling tired and down, and just want to lie in bed.
Hope this is temporary ...

Push it through to phase three, hopefully you will feel good then.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:18 pm
DAY 3.
I can't believe I've only been doing this for 3 days.
Truth is, I still have not finished reading the book. I'm only halfway through. Also, I feel like I am shortchanging myself a bit for not being prepared. However, I just find myself to be too tired and out of it to make a big shopping.
So today was not such a fun day.

I couldn't eat before 2 hours into my day because I had no protien in the house. I finally got to the grocery and stocked up on protiens.
So at 9 I ate snack, and two hours later I ate breakfast.
Snack: lox
Breakfast: egg white omelet with spinach, onion and mushrooms.

I felt really tired after that so I fell asleep from 12 to 3 (!)
At around 3:30, I ate snack/lunch:
Turkey deli with romaine lettuce.

At 6 I ate dinner:
Pepper steak with stir fry broccoli and red peppers.
I was still missing a meal so I will eat one more snack of turkey deli with romaine lettuce. (Again)

And I plan to get to bed early and finish reading that book!

How are the rest of you doing??

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 10:17 pm
OP, I'm so excited to read this through this thread. I just got the book this week and want to read some chapters while I start preparing my menu. I work until 3:00 each day and have little ones and big ones... so having my menu for the week (partially) planned out in advance of starting next week is the only way I'll be able to do this.

I so appreciate reading your daily food log. It's given me lots of 'food for thought'. Reading how you're working through each phase is giving me the encouragement to pull this off - if you can, then so can I.

Continued hatzlocha!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 11:42 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
OP, I'm so excited to read this through this thread. I just got the book this week and want to read some chapters while I start preparing my menu. I work until 3:00 each day and have little ones and big ones... so having my menu for the week (partially) planned out in advance of starting next week is the only way I'll be able to do this.

I so appreciate reading your daily food log. It's given me lots of 'food for thought'. Reading how you're working through each phase is giving me the encouragement to pull this off - if you can, then so can I.

Continued hatzlocha!

I'm so glad I'm an Inspiration for you. I kind of wish I was more prepared but I keep telling myself that whatever I'm doing is better than nothing. And I have another chance next week to get it right.

The thing that's hard for me is all the grunt work. I like when things are easy. (LOL I'm kind of lazy.) I like diets that allow lots of packaged foods so that they take little or no time to prepare. This diet is the opposite of that. There is lots of sHopping involved and real cooking. No convenience food at all. And no comfort food such as coffee, or a snack, or even diet coke.

However over the last few months I have read poster after poster mentioning how this diet really changed their lives so I decided to jump in. Keeping this public log is a way for me to stay accountable.
Thanks for the chizzuk! I don't plan to eat this way forever, but I can do anything for 28 days. IyH.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm so glad I'm an Inspiration for you. I kind of wish I was more prepared but I keep telling myself that whatever I'm doing is better than nothing. And I have another chance next week to get it right.

The thing that's hard for me is all the grunt work. I like when things are easy. (LOL I'm kind of lazy.) I like diets that allow lots of packaged foods so that they take little or no time to prepare. This diet is the opposite of that. There is lots of sHopping involved and real cooking. No convenience food at all. And no comfort food such as coffee, or a snack, or even diet coke.

However over the last few months I have read poster after poster mentioning how this diet really changed theor lives so I decided to jump in. Keeping this public log is a way for me to stay accountable.
Thanks for the chizzuk! I don't plan to eat this way forever, but I can do anything for 28 days. IyH.

I drink 1-2 coffees a day and still feel great and see amazing results bh.

It might be too of a drastic change for your body to stop coffee all the way.

Maybe try drinking 1 cup and see if you have more energy
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise