Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Must I wear poofy to sibling wedding
Previous  1  2  3

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 6:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m not posting the link. It’s very unique. Very interesting print and colors, silk overlay, fun and interesting design at the collar.
Almost feels downton abbey-ish.
Very atypical

Sound stunning! I'd love to see if you want to pm me 😃

mommyhood

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 7:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m not posting the link. It’s very unique. Very interesting print and colors, silk overlay, fun and interesting design at the collar.
Almost feels downton abbey-ish.
Very atypical

Im confused, If it’s so unique that you won’t share it anonymously, which I can’t understand why unless you don’t want others to copy you. and you’re secure enough to wear something so unique why do you care if it’s normal to wear straight or not.

WhatFor

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 7:18 pm
mommyhood wrote:
Im confused, If it’s so unique that you won’t share it anonymously, which I can’t understand why unless you don’t want others to copy you. and you’re secure enough to wear something so unique why do you care if it’s normal to wear straight or not.

My guess is that the OP thinks that if she posts the link here and then wears the gown in all its uniqueness, someone at the wedding will recognize that this is the dress from the post and (gasp) know that OP was posting on imamother.

OP, I'm sure it's a lovely gown, but if it's sold in a department store, it can't really be that unique. They don't usually sell just a couple of something.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 7:27 pm
mommyhood wrote:

I don’t care if others wear it- I just don’t want anyone to be at the wedding and be like oh, so you’re amother lol

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 7:33 pm
WhatFor wrote:
My guess is that the OP thinks that if she posts the link here and then wears the gown in all its uniqueness, someone at the wedding will recognize that this is the dress from the post and (gasp) know that OP was posting on imamother.

OP, I'm sure it's a lovely gown, but if it's sold in a department store, it can't really be that unique. They don't usually sell just a couple of something.

Right but it’s not such a typical color. Similar to this in concept. https://www.saksfifthavenue.co.....aw.ds

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:44 pm
OP, is it long sleeved and tznius in the front or it needs a shell? I am desperate for a dress that is not poofy, would PM you if it is tznius without doing any work...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:48 pm
amother [ Canary ] wrote:
OP, is it long sleeved and tznius in the front or it needs a shell? I am desperate for a dress that is not poofy, would PM you if it is tznius without doing any work...

Tznius in front but needs she’ll by elbows

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 8:59 pm
Hi was actual looking at this gown for myself
Mother of the Chosen

THEIA
Floral Appliqué Illusion Sleeve Gown

https://www.saksfifthavenue.co.....pliqué-illusion-sleeve-gown-0400011303178.html

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:00 pm
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:
Hi was actual looking at this gown for myself
Mother of the Chosen
https://www.saksfifthavenue.co.....pliqué-illusion-sleeve-gown-0400011303178.html

That’s gorgeous!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 9:09 pm
The dress I bought is also a little similar to this.
https://www.saksfifthavenue.co.....ETALS

Librarian

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 10:54 pm
I don't know how to post links but check out the Staud Hyacinth Patchwork Maxi Dress on Saksfithavenue website. It's a beautiful gown, similar in color and "funness" to the ones linked above. Since it is very very long you can add to the above the elbow sleeve from the bottom of the gown. It is see-through, comes with long sleeveless slip but still must wear a shell for the shoulders and arms. I planned on taking it in as the ultra wide silhouette is too much for my narrow frame.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 11:40 pm
Librarian wrote:
I don't know how to post links but check out the Staud Hyacinth Patchwork Maxi Dress on Saksfithavenue website. It's a beautiful gown, similar in color and "funness" to the ones linked above. Since it is very very long you can add to the above the elbow sleeve from the bottom of the gown. It is see-through, comes with long sleeveless slip but still must wear a shell for the shoulders and arms. I planned on taking it in as the ultra wide silhouette is too much for my narrow frame.

Yes it is really fun!! Thanks for sharing it.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 7:44 am
B'H I've been to quite a few weddings lately, and I've never seen poufy on a married woman. The younger siblings have the poufy dresses in the color theme of the kallah, and the younger siblings of the chasson have their own poufy color themes. Mother/MIL of the couple sometimes have similar colored dresses or two piece suits made, or sometimes they just wear their Shabbos best in a neutral color.

Smaller weddings don't seem to go in for color themes, even for close relatives, so that makes shopping even easier.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics