Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Taxi driver singing Jewish song
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 10:59 pm
Did you ladies see the video that went viral of the taxi driver singing a chassidish niggun?
I don't know how to post it here.
There something so heartwarming about it.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 11:00 pm
Many non Jews, especially those that work in frum environments, know Jewish/chassidish songs very well.

octopus

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 11:07 pm
Many times the non Jews that work for years for Jewish schools, have a very big soft spot for the Jewish people. And the anti semites out there hate these types of non Jews .

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 11:08 pm
I saw it. I know what you mean. It looks like he really understands what he’s saying but there’s no way he can. He’s just an exceptionally talented person; a very good actor! He has a good voice too! I watched it many times because it was really something unique. I remember the first time I saw a non Jewish worker in a kosher grocery store singing with the Yiddish music that was playing. That was many years ago and I’ve seen it a few more times since then.

amother
Crystal

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 11:13 pm
I saw it.
He said he drives the bus for satmar school and that the kids gave him the cd so he can play it for them.
Sweet guy.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 11:25 pm
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
Many non Jews, especially those that work in frum environments, know Jewish/chassidish songs very well.

I was once in the car with three of my employees. (All non jewish) and they were playing mordechai Shapiro on a VERY high volume and singing on the top of their lungs . “Ein od Milvado” I was dying of laughter. 😂😂

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 11:28 pm
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
I saw it.
He said he drives the bus for satmar school and that the kids gave him the cd so he can play it for them.
Sweet guy.

There are actually two videos going around.
One is the one you saw- he sings Kesser by Isaac Honig. He is a bus driver for Satmar.

The other is a taxi driver in Monsey who sings MA Navu- also by Isaac Honig. Same cd.

It's just a weird coincidence that two random non jews were filmed singing songs from the same CD on or around the same day.

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 11:34 pm
Any links?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 11:55 pm
I screenshot a part of it but I have no idea how to post it

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Oct 27 2021, 11:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There are actually two videos going around.
One is the one you saw- he sings Kesser by Isaac Honig. He is a bus driver for Satmar.

The other is a taxi driver in Monsey who sings MA Navu- also by Isaac Honig. Same cd.

It's just a weird coincidence that two random non jews were filmed singing songs from the same CD on or around the same day.

I saw both videos. It's one and the same man Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 12:02 am
Tzutzie wrote:
I saw both videos. It's one and the same man Very Happy

Really not.
One is a younger fellow.
The other is older. You can see the bags under his eyes. Totally different person.

ETA. I just rewatched both videos and I'm not so sure anymore.
In the one from satmar, the guy looks younger and thinner. The one from Monsey looks older and fatter somehow.
But maybe it's the way he is sitting.
In any case, it would make a lot of sense if it was the same guy. Especially being that they were bothe singing songs from the same CD.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:04 am
In the supermarket today one of the workers were singing along to a jewish song that was on speaker. Was cute to watch.

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:14 am
He sings with such heart. And perfect pronunciation.

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:21 am
Other songs are here.
Sound is horrible which is a shame bec he sings it so beautifully.
https://www.tiktok.com/@cookin.....ng=en

amother
Amaranthus

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 1:53 am
My old cleaning lady would sing along often when we had music playing, off the top of my head some songs were avraham freid abba, baruch levine yodati. And more that I don't remember.

One time erev pesach I overheard a non Jewish worker in the supermarket singing along very heartfelt to shwekeys vhee she'amdah.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 6:15 am
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
I saw it. I know what you mean. It looks like he really understands what he’s saying but there’s no way he can. He’s just an exceptionally talented person; a very good actor! He has a good voice too! I watched it many times because it was really something unique. I remember the first time I saw a non Jewish worker in a kosher grocery store singing with the Yiddish music that was playing. That was many years ago and I’ve seen it a few more times since then.

No reason why he shouldn't understand it. He might not speak.the language, but it wouldn't be hard to ask someone to translate a song for him.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 6:51 am
Go to Beri Weber’s YouTube channel and read the comments. (Especially the song Reboin) Lots of non Jewish people love his singing and think he’s awesome.

Lately I had the experience with a few Monsey taxi drivers where they showed real interest in our culture and life. One told me last week, that he wanted to convert . He said he noticed that whenever a yid needs help or assistance with anything there are always other yidden running and ready to help and that this is only something he observed within our community.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 6:57 am
This reminds me of the time I had a chiloni taxi driver. He didn't wear a kippah, he was in cutoff shorts and a rock band t-shirt. His cab reeked of cigarettes.

He was listening very intently to a chassidic shiur on the cd player, and never said a word to me. When he handed me my change, he dropped it from such a height that I had to use two hands to catch it!

It just goes to show that you can't judge people by their appearance, and you never know where someone is holding. It was pretty cool to watch someone in the middle of their journey to greater things.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 6:58 am
amother [ Strawberry ] wrote:
He sings with such heart. And perfect pronunciation.

That was adorable!!

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Oct 28 2021, 12:02 pm
That really was funny actually.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics