Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Which book next?
1  2  Next

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 8:39 am
Ok...

I almost finished: Just love them

I've read about that guy of migdal ha'emek, I loved the tosher rebbe, rebbetzin jungreis, Holy Woman... What is new and really really good? I love stories about tzadikkim who do amazing good work and lots of hasgacha partis.

Thank u & good shabbos.

amother
Melon

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 8:40 am
Did u read Incredible yet?

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 8:41 am
amother [ Melon ] wrote:
Did u read Incredible yet?
I couldn't get throug

( I also read everything from Rigler already btw, and all for the boss)

EMEN

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 9:42 am
At Any Hour - Rabbi Gissinger
You Made My Life - Rabbi Rothenberg
A Tap on the Shoulder - Rabbi Schuster

Ner Shabbos

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 1:45 pm
I often read the Kichels in Mishpacha Magazine and bought their first book when it came out. Sometimes it makes me squirm with discomfort even though it makes me laugh hilariously at the same time. I can't decide whether or not to buy the new one or not. I just read a whole long condemnation of it somewhere and still have mixed feelings about it. Is it too cynical or is it just humor about real life.

amother
Freesia

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 1:48 pm
some of it is funny
a lot of it is way too cynical for me
while I will read the back page in the magazine I buy for other reasons I would not buy a book of it or game or anything like that

Einikel

Post Fri, Oct 29 2021, 1:56 pm
Did you read Emunah with love and chicken soup about Henny Machlis

Chickensoupprof

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 10:09 am
Einikel wrote:
Did you read Emunah with love and chicken soup about Henny Machlis
yep loved it 🥰

a2z

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 10:40 am
The Bostoner

Chickensoupprof

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 11:48 am
a2z wrote:
The Bostoner

The Rebbe of Beaconstreet? I really want to read it, my husband lived in Boston and davened in the stheibel of the Rebbe sometimes but mostly he davened at a young minyan from the OU to find there a spouse (the joke is on him he got a Dutch spouse who never crossed the atlantic)

Last week in a ravs house I ended up reading 'To remain a Jew' from Rabbi Yitzchak Zilber and I'm totally sold. The Rav told him how he came in the Mir during seudas shlisis and told the bocherim how it was in Russia. Really inspiring. They were so sweet to me they sad I can borrow every book I wanted!! Very Happy

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 12:23 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
The Rebbe of Beaconstreet? I really want to read it, my husband lived in Boston and davened in the stheibel of the Rebbe sometimes but mostly he davened at a young minyan from the OU to find there a spouse (the joke is on him he got a Dutch spouse who never crossed the atlantic)

Last week in a ravs house I ended up reading 'To remain a Jew' from Rabbi Yitzchak Zilber and I'm totally sold. The Rav told him how he came in the Mir during seudas shlisis and told the bocherim how it was in Russia. Really inspiring. They were so sweet to me they sad I can borrow every book I wanted!! Very Happy

Rabbi Zilber came to speak at my sem about 30 years ago was fantastic

Chickensoupprof

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 12:52 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Rabbi Zilber came to speak at my sem about 30 years ago was fantastic

I'm then always a bit jealous that I never was fortunate to meet those people. Like I feel I missed out on not having met Henny Machlis, Chaya Sara Kramer (Holy Woman), the Tosher rebbe, etc... Oh, I can still meet Rav Grossman I loved that book. Amazing.
From Rabbi Zilber I'm like on page 100 and I'm like woah. The Yidden had so many meisuras nefesh unbelievable.

amother
Pink

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 12:59 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
I'm then always a bit jealous that I never was fortunate to meet those people. Like I feel I missed out on not having met Henny Machlis, Chaya Sara Kramer (Holy Woman), the Tosher rebbe, etc... Oh, I can still meet Rav Grossman I loved that book. Amazing.
From Rabbi Zilber I'm like on page 100 and I'm like woah. The Yidden had so many meisuras nefesh unbelievable.

I didn't meet any of the other people you mentioned!

A Blaze in the Darkening Gloom is the biography of Rav Meir Shapiro it's not new but it's excellent

Chickensoupprof

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 1:36 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
I didn't meet any of the other people you mentioned!

A Blaze in the Darkening Gloom is the biography of Rav Meir Shapiro it's not new but it's excellent

I mean in m general

amother
Obsidian

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 4:26 pm
The new Rubashkin book that just came out. Should be required reading in every Jewish home:

scruffy

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 4:27 pm
Out of the Depths - Rabbi Lau

amother
cornflower

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 4:32 pm
amother [ Obsidian ] wrote:
The new Rubashkin book that just came out. Should be required reading in every Jewish home:

I was about to post this book. It’s an incredible book!

GrowingUp

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 4:58 pm
Just Love Them about R Dovid Trenk.
I don’t usually enjoy biographies. This one was amazing.

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 7:29 pm
I love biographies. Have you tried: Reb Aharon Leib; The Secret Life of Gershon Burd; Rebbetzin Vichna Kaplan; A Tzaddik’s Vision (about Rav Pam and Shuvu); the biography of Rav Elyashiv that was originally published in EY; Learn Love Teach (Esther Leah Avner); From Djerba to Jerusalem. There’s also a book of stories about Rav Zilber called One of the Thirty-Six Hidden Tzaddikim.

Einikel

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 7:30 pm
Carry me in your heart by Pearl Benish
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room