Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Help a frazzled mom!

English3

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 11:18 am
My baby for the last three days has decided to wake up at five am. I am at my wit's end, he wants to play eat and do all the things he shouldn't be doing when all I want is sleep.
At seven he finally falls asleep and then I have to look after the rest of the fam.
The problem is that his 7 am nap he considers it to be his first nap then he falls asleep only at 1 again. Basically he has decided to mess up his whole schedule.
For those that think I don't know routine, I am the QUEEN of ROUTINE!. He his the first child to disobey the mom lol. Anyway you can see I am rambling I am overtired, did I tell you yet my baby wakes up at five everyday. Please help.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 11:55 am
English3 wrote:
My baby for the last three days has decided to wake up at five am. I am at my wit's end, he wants to play eat and do all the things he shouldn't be doing when all I want is sleep.
At seven he finally falls asleep and then I have to look after the rest of the fam.
The problem is that his 7 am nap he considers it to be his first nap then he falls asleep only at 1 again. Basically he has decided to mess up his whole schedule.
For those that think I don't know routine, I am the QUEEN of ROUTINE!. He his the first child to disobey the mom lol. Anyway you can see I am rambling I am overtired, did I tell you yet my baby wakes up at five everyday. Please help.

What time does it get light outside by you? Did you try a blackout curtain in his room? Worked wonders for us
When do you put him to sleep? Does he eat right before bed?

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:14 pm
How old is the baby?

English3

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:36 pm
He is nine months. At five it is pitch black outside. He eats supper at 4\ 4:30. He begs to go to bed from five already but I push it at least till after six. He is bottle fed.

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 12:37 pm
English3 wrote:
He is nine months. At five it is pitch black outside. He eats supper at 4\ 4:30. He begs to go to bed from five already but I push it at least till after six. He is bottle fed.

Need more info about his schedule. How many naps and what times?

stillnewlywed

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 1:05 pm
11 hour night is very normal! You need to keep him up so his first nap is more like 9 am. Then his 2nd nap would be later and he can go to bed at like 7/730. His wake up time should adjust to 630 if you stick with it.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 1:40 pm
you need to keep him up later at night

English3

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 3:26 pm
Thanks. He used to go to sleep 6:30\7 but the last few days he just cancelled the whole idea. To top it of we just moved the clock yesterday and we were really struggling to keep him up.

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 5:02 pm
English3 wrote:
Thanks. He used to go to sleep 6:30\7 but the last few days he just cancelled the whole idea. To top it of we just moved the clock yesterday and we were really struggling to keep him up.

Moving the clock always messes up baby’s schedule. it’s tough, they adjust in a few days hopefully.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more