Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Laws for non-citizens entering US?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 5:34 am
In the locked thread about Israel's new policy for incoming tourists (which, I guarantee, will evolve within a few weeks), a few people mentioned that the US should implement similar policies. Does anyone here actually know what the policy is in the US for incoming foreign tourists? I understand it will be changing as of next week.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 7:21 am
Yes
New laws go into effect Nov 8th
Go onto the embassy website go to visas and it will have a link.
You need to be fully vaccinated at least 14 days before travel. Acceptable vaccines are listed. And negative covid. Mask required while traveling.
Visa waiver is also starting again and visa appointments for businesses and tourists.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 8:58 am
Since March 2020 you could not enter the US from most of Europe, and some other countries. Unless you got an exemption eg for a work visit. (my husband tried, didn't get one). Or you could go to another country and stay there for 2 weeks.

The USA are actually stricter than Israel in some ways- I know many people who were not allowed to go and see their new grandchildren and no way of getting permission.

People with visas and people who have american children under 21 could go. (didn't you know kids only need parents until 21....)

So all the americans complaining on the Israel thread, yes actually the USA rules are way worse. But I think the Israeli rules have been irrational at times too. And I know someone mentioned there that all countries have different rules for citizens and non citizens, mine doesn't. It entirely depends on where you are coming from, and in some cases hotel quarantine is/was required, and home qarantine for many countries, but same rules for everyone, citizenship is irrelevant covid wise.

It s pretty stressful in that I have have a few kids living and studying in the USA. The thought that if something happened, we can't go over there is horrible. bh they lifted that stupid rule. Which btw was not updated since march 2020! Its ridiculous.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 9:36 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Since March 2020 you could not enter the US from most of Europe, and some other countries. Unless you got an exemption eg for a work visit. (my husband tried, didn't get one). Or you could go to another country and stay there for 2 weeks.

The USA are actually stricter than Israel in some ways- I know many people who were not allowed to go and see their new grandchildren and no way of getting permission.

People with visas and people who have american children under 21 could go. (didn't you know kids only need parents until 21....)

So all the americans complaining on the Israel thread, yes actually the USA rules are way worse. But I think the Israeli rules have been irrational at times too. And I know someone mentioned there that all countries have different rules for citizens and non citizens, mine doesn't. It entirely depends on where you are coming from, and in some cases hotel quarantine is/was required, and home qarantine for many countries, but same rules for everyone, citizenship is irrelevant covid wise.

It s pretty stressful in that I have have a few kids living and studying in the USA. The thought that if something happened, we can't go over there is horrible. bh they lifted that stupid rule. Which btw was not updated since march 2020! Its ridiculous.

There are updates here
https://travel.state.gov/conte......html
https://travel.state.gov/conte......html

The US laws affected us very badly but I don't want to go into detail. The embassy in my country would only give a visa for life and death situations and business was only for very specific industries like farmers. I really hope things are returning do some form of normality.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics