Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Best wooden train set

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 2:54 pm
Hi looking to buy my kids a wooden train sets. My kids want with lots of imagininative pieces. Definitely nice bridges. Shouldn't fall apart easily, should be strong. Also how does it work will I need a starter set and extra peices to make it fun? A company that stands behind d there products if it breaks.
I hear of Melissa and doug
Tomas train
Kids craft
Anymore? Do these company look the same and connect to each other. Up until what age enjoys it?

MySpace

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 2:58 pm
Brio is "brand name" in train setd but really pricey.

mha3484

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 3:01 pm
Brio is the best. My kids got a set for their birthday last year and its one of the few toys that really holds up and they dont get bored with.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 3:04 pm
We have a mix of brands. Thomas and Brio are known to be the 'best' ones, but they seem similar in quality to the Melissa & Doug tracks that we have, which are significantly cheaper. I would say to buy those, and then you can get some add on cooler pieces to mix and match.

One thing I highly suggest, if your kids are younger/less gentle, or if they will want to set up the tracks and keep them up for while, to buy these clips. They're not so necessary for track pieces on the ground but when you use the riser pieces it's very hard for kids to keep the tracks together and not get frustrated. These help a ton with that.

https://smile.amazon.com/Suret.....views

As for what age, it kind of depends on the kid. My 9 year old still occasionally plays with them.

Mamala1

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 3:42 pm
I have the Brio Deluxe Railroad - thrilled with it. I just added Ikea to the set and it worked really well.

Sarah S

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 3:57 pm
I have the ikea train tracks and they are holding up amazing after many yrs of use. They are cheap and good quality

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 4:15 pm
We love the ikea pieces for basics and Thomas for some more sophisticated parts, and of course the character trains
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics